MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a question for you guys. Just got my exhaust today. I order an aluminum RG3 system. But what I thought what was weird is that it had light gold colored tips. I thought they come in a dark color? Is this the way that they come? On the box it also ask for bike info for chip . Like year ,number of cc. Nothing was marked on box though. The number on chip is F5 S23 RGD . Hopefully the chips is right for my bike.Thanks for any help,still new to MV's.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
the rg3, and eprom are universal (not sure about the R), as for the color they come in either the brownish color, or the golden color found on the tamburini, don't worry about it, they are the same exhaust and if you have any more question don't hesitate to ask.

·
Registered
398 Posts
FYI,

They do not come in black anymore unless they are old stock. That is what I was told by FBF, & Moto Wheels when I asked about purchasing a pair of RG3's.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Jimmyz:

I just had mine installed in November and they are gold. You have the right ones, and new stock. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have. The people here on the board will always help eachother out.

Good luck with your pipes. Did you get the midpipe as well to eliminate that CAT?

Brian

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I got the mid pipe from Ferracci also. But I believe its their pipe not the one from MV special parts.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Okay Jimmyz, where are all the pics and entry in the registry? Show us your baby!

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
The latest version of the RG3's also have the same shaped end tips as the "R" so they're just one continuous taper, I'll try and show it in a couple of photo's

Attachments

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
good attention to detail. i can see it. can't wait for more people to get the slash cut ti's and post them. think MV will ever make slash cut standard?

and that looks like a kahn RS wheel in the background there.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
style_one said:
good attention to detail. i can see it. can't wait for more people to get the slash cut ti's and post them. think MV will ever make slash cut standard?

and that looks like a kahn RS wheel in the background there.
10/10!! yes it is, I have had them on my "old" now Volvo T5, which has been the best (not nicest!) car I have ever owned, others have come broken down and gone in the last 9 years, it now has 190,000 miles on it and is still going like the day I bought it :)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
those wheels were the ONLY wheels that i would have considered on my car that do not come with a polished lip. i mmmuussttt haaavvee llliiippp!! especially on RWD car. they are crisp and clean, and even the 6 spoke is nice. i ended up opting for a nice set of clean antera 309's. but i digress from the RG3 convo. btw...love the volvos, ever since our 760turbo. first car i ever did a tire smoking burnout on ;)

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
d-_-b Tamburini d-_-b said:
Sorry to hijack this post, but do regular exhausts fit on the R, or are there specific R models?
They will all fit but the R has different end tips, more along the shape of the Titanium system

1 - 15 of 15 Posts