MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They have drilled the three holes in the hugger to mount it to the swingarm, but included no instructions or hardware. I can drill into the swingarm simply enough, but then I willhave to tap and thread the holes. Any suggestions on size and thread pitch?

Also, where can I get the correct socket to remove the rear axle nut?

CAG

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hello, if you don't know how to properly drill the rear arm I suggest you take it to your local dealer. You need one of those special tools to remove the rear wheel. Emoto sells one of those. When you remove the rear wheel you have to align the hugger with the arm and make 3 marks for the holes to the swing arm. Make sure the holes not to be bigger from the rubber inserts they provide with the hugger. IMO because this is quite a sensitive job, just take it to your dealer. I did that and in 10 mins the hugger was on place. Hope I helped.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rubber inserts? What rubber inserts. All I got was the hugger with three holes drilled in it. They included nothing to actually attach it to the swing arm. I just assumed it was up to me to drill and tap the swing arm for a threaded bolt.

CAG

·
Registered
126 Posts
at least I hope so b/c I ordered the new style carbon rear hugger for my 2006 Brutale 910S today!!!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Should come with 3 x 'well nuts' (expanding rubber grommets) you need to remove wheel, hold hugger in its position, mark the holes with a white marker, carefully centre punch position for drilling, (also keep drilling m/c 90 deg to swingarm so you get the holes straight) pilot hole first, then progress to correct size (if not the correct size - well nut will not expand. You can now fit the rubber grommets in the holes, mount hugger and screw in the correct size screws....all good!

·
Registered
512 Posts
DO NOT DRILL INTO THE SWING ARM. :jsm: The holes are already in the swing arm, remove the original plastic chain guard and use the factory hole and spacer. Do contact emotouk though as it should have come with 2 bolts as you use the original chain guard bolt as the third.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If I could get photo*uket to work I would up load some pictures. The hugger they sent me does not attach to the chain guard mount holes. the rear tire has to be removed and the swing arm drilled. (Unless there are holes there, but I dont see any.) I will call them and ask them to send me the rubber grommets and blind nuts.

Thanks guys, another reason this is a great place to lurk.

CAG

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
agusta01 said:
Should come with 3 x 'well nuts' (expanding rubber grommets) you need to remove wheel, hold hugger in its position, mark the holes with a white marker, carefully centre punch position for drilling, (also keep drilling m/c 90 deg to swingarm so you get the holes straight) pilot hole first, then progress to correct size (if not the correct size - well nut will not expand. You can now fit the rubber grommets in the holes, mount hugger and screw in the correct size screws....all good!
The '05 '06 F4 has no holes predrilled, only later did MV manufacture swingarms with pre drilled, but notice bike in question is a Brutale, so my instructions were for F4 undrilled :)

·
Registered
785 Posts
agusta01 said:
The '05 '06 F4 has no holes predrilled, only later did MV manufacture swingarms with pre drilled, but notice bike in question is a Brutale, so my instructions were for F4 undrilled :)

Not true!

The MV F4 '06 has the swingarm predrilled, in addition many MV F4 '05 models have predrilled swingarms.

The MV Brutale 750 does not have the predrilled swingarm. 910 '05 doesn't, '06 does.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
eMoto UK said:
To confirm he has ordered a FACTORY style hugger.

It seems you are missing the fitting kit - EMAIL us and we will sort this out in seconds. :)
Thanks, Emoto! They already contacted me by email saying they would send out the parts and the socket to remove the rear wheel.
My penchant for making things more complicated then they are is what put me here. I just assumed that it was up to me to measure the location, drill the holes, and thread them for the correct size and pitch bolt. It never occured to me that I was missing parts.
So, thanks all for saving me a bunch of work.

CAG

·
Registered
82 Posts
"and the socket to remove the rear wheel"
That is a class operation. emoto expect my email with questions and the subsequent order.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
eMoto UK said:
Not true!

The MV F4 '06 has the swingarm predrilled, in addition many MV F4 '05 models have predrilled swingarms.

The MV Brutale 750 does not have the predrilled swingarm. 910 '05 doesn't, '06 does.
Funny, must be blind, my 06 F4 had no holes....ah well, maybe it wasn't an MV...my mistake

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If there is no pattern to how they attach badges, (CRC vs Italian flag) it is easy to believe that some bikes came with drilled swingarms and some didnt. Between Pranzo, Schoppero, and Ponte, the swingarm driller may have been awol.

CAG

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
CAG said:
If there is no pattern to how they attach badges, (CRC vs Italian flag) it is easy to believe that some bikes came with drilled swingarms and some didnt. Between Pranzo, Schoppero, and Ponte, the swingarm driller may have been awol.

CAG
How true! Hope the fitting goes well! :)

·
Registered
803 Posts
Not the same hugger, but while I was installing my eMoto Hugger I purchased from 916SPS today I noticed my 06' 910 swingarm was indeed predrilled for they factory style hugger.

BTW: THANKS 916SPS :yo: :yo: :yo:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts