MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's taken almost 3 months but today I got my F4 back from the dealership all fixed up.

They've replaced the shock with a brand new Sachs unit, refinished and painted the inside of the bellypan, replaced the damaged shock linkages, and fitted a new (correct this time) battery. They've also either fitted a brand new swingarm, or had my old one repainted. The colour is a lot darker than the grey of the frame. (So much so that it would be a particularly bad job if a painter had colour-matched it.) It also looks like it has a plugged whole (for a fender?) where I don't remember there being one before.

There wasn't anyone in the shop today who knew exactly what work had been done, so I couldn't get confirmation whether it was new or repainted, so I'm wondering: Do new F4's have darker swingarms and frames (almost black) than early ones?

I'm happy that I've had it all fixed at no cost at all to myself, but a little peeved that the colours now don't match.

I guess I've now got about a week's riding left before the council's road gritters come out for the winter!! :(

Si

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
TheCatWhisperer said:
Well it's taken almost 3 months but today I got my F4 back from the dealership all fixed up.

They've replaced the shock with a brand new Sachs unit, refinished and painted the inside of the bellypan, replaced the damaged shock linkages, and fitted a new (correct this time) battery. They've also either fitted a brand new swingarm, or had my old one repainted. The colour is a lot darker than the grey of the frame. (So much so that it would be a particularly bad job if a painter had colour-matched it.) It also looks like it has a plugged whole (for a fender?) where I don't remember there being one before.

There wasn't anyone in the shop today who knew exactly what work had been done, so I couldn't get confirmation whether it was new or repainted, so I'm wondering: Do new F4's have darker swingarms and frames (almost black) than early ones?

I'm happy that I've had it all fixed at no cost at all to myself, but a little peeved that the colours now don't match.

I guess I've now got about a week's riding left before the council's road gritters come out for the winter!! :(

Si
Wow, that has taken some time!! I normally get a "battery mat" fror mine from frosts classic car suppliers, which reminds me............
I think they are darker, it should have 3 holes for a rear hugger?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts