MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for the advice about F4's in the last few days guys.

Here she is, a 2000 F4 750. I ended up paying $9K.

It's got integrated turn signals, carbon fiber everywhere, an aftermarket ECU and an exhaust (w/o cat/baffles supposedly). The only drawback is the messed up belly pan, which you can see in these photos.

This thing is a blast to drive!!!

I have a million questions that I'll ask tomorrow. Right now I need to sleep.

a bigger pic
a short video

·
Registered
338 Posts
Congratulations!!

Did the seller/dealer give you any information on aftermarket exhaust and ECU?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Wow it looks real nice and clean. Good luck with it.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Congradulations. :) I think that exhaust is the RG3 which is MV Agusta's upgraded exhaust and also comes with a chip. If it is, that's a good thing since it's really a factor upgrade and not just any aftermarket.

The damage of the belly pan doesn't look too bad. It was only noticeable from the full sized picture.

Once again, congrads and it looks like you got it for a really good price.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Nice bike,now fix that rear hugger thats running on the tyre.
That is common with Casoli hugger, refit with a spacer between the hugger and swingarm on the horizontal bit below the mounting by the suspension bottle adjuster.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Allan Gibbs said:
Congradulations. :) I think that exhaust is the RG3 which is MV Agusta's upgraded exhaust and also comes with a chip. If it is, that's a good thing since it's really a factor upgrade and not just any aftermarket.

The damage of the belly pan doesn't look too bad. It was only noticeable from the full sized picture.

Once again, congrads and it looks like you got it for a really good price.
The exhaust has both the Arrow and MV Agusta engravings on it. Does that mean anything?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
macmivvi said:
Nice bike,now fix that rear hugger thats running on the tyre.
That is common with Casoli hugger, refit with a spacer between the hugger and swingarm on the horizontal bit below the mounting by the suspension bottle adjuster.
exactly! Fixing the rear hugger and modifying the quickstand are the first things I'm going to do.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Allan Gibbs said:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think the RG3 was made by Arrow for MV Agusta?
This makes sense. I don't think aftermarket exhaust manufacturers would put the logo of the bike's manufacturer on their exhaust systems for no reason.

So this means I have the rg3 with a EPROM chip. The ECU itself would be stock then.

I just ordered the quickstand converter and scheduled a suspension tune up. too bad Ernesto is going to smack the northeast right about now.

·
Registered
338 Posts
psperl said:
The exhaust has both the Arrow and MV Agusta engravings on it. Does that mean anything?
Means its not aftermarket. Depending on when it was fitted and how your bike is performing there have been computer and plug upgrades worth looking into.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Drew said:
Means its not aftermarket. Depending on when it was fitted and how your bike is performing there have been computer and plug upgrades worth looking into.
speaking of plugs, I bought Denso IU27 iridiums for my ZX-7R before it was stolen. Can I use them on the MV? The manual says NGK CR8, and the IU27s match CR9s, so I would think they wouldn't work, but I've heard that some people put IU27s in their MVs.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Newbie question here, but what is the quickstand converter? Is that so it doesn't automatically retract? thanks.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
blavenia said:
Newbie question here, but what is the quickstand converter? Is that so it doesn't automatically retract? thanks.
Yes. When I first got the bike the quickstand scared the bejesus out of me. Now I actually kind of like it, but I'm going to convert it to normal just because I fear other people sitting on the bike and dropping it because of the quickstand.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts