MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
an '04 Ducati ST4S ABS. Anyone else do long overnight trips that's from So Cal? I figure Cali is too scenic to pass up a chance to enjoy it on an ST

Attachments

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
That's a nice bike for touring Mika. :smoking: Was it an impulse buy or have you been after that syle of machine for a while? Did you consider any other bikes? Big beamers, Guzzis, etc.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
i considered beemers but they were pricey and i really dug that the Ducati was lighter and had a dry clutch + i liked its style. I went into IRV SEAVER BMW IN ORANGE AND NO ONE TALKED TO ME. :flickoff: if a bike isn't pretty to me it's a downer. i love the color combo and this bike has it all, CF pipes, throttlemeister (cruise). Guzzis don't move me, and I considered a Yamaha FJ, but a Jap bike just has no soul.

in '06 Ducati dropped the ST4 and has only the ST3. The 4 having more oomf etc. The '05s had a wet clutch, the dry clutch which mine has is coo imo.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Congrats, should be a more accomodating tourer than the Brute.
I am waiting for the new BMW f800ST to arrive--it should make a very nice tourer, despite being similar size to the Brutale, and no too exspensive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts