MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i Just got an F4 750!!! really excited about it.. i had a question though... I live in houston Tx and it gets really hott here... are the MV's known to get hot?? I was a little freaked out at first but some days it wouldn't get hott... please let me know

thanks

·
Registered
273 Posts
you seem to be the only f4 that doesn't, look on here and it norm the other way, well done on the bike tho mate you will love it

·
Registered
351 Posts
Congratulations On Your Bike!!!! We Have A Lot Of Members Who Can Advise You On How To's .....well The Bike Is Hot Before You Even Start It, Just By Looking At It....:smoking:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys thanks a lot for the warm welcome... I am loving the MV... umm i am still a bit worried because the bike does get quite hott and some of you guys have said only the 1000 have that problem well my 750 is doing that.... I have to remind you though i live in Houston, Texas where the temperature during the summer does get way up in the 90's... could that possibly be a reason... if not then what should i do about it??? Please advise....

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm on the temp gauge i'm seeing 178 180... but it does seem to rise during the afternoon times when its about 90 degrees here... its been a very hott/humid June here in Texas

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
170-180 is great to me! I regularly see 220+ in stop and go... on the highway its about 190ish..

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Congrats on the bike!

My 1000R runs hot...even in Seattle. Sometimes starts flashing when I get into heavy traffic in the late afternoon.

The bike will be fine if you can keep air moving through it. If you are stuck in traffic a lot, you might try some other options. You can do the easy things like better coolant or even switching to water since it doesn't freeze in texas. Some people on the forum sear by water wetter. Or you can get a different impeller that will circulate more coolant at lower engine speeds. There is also a fan mod if you do some searching on the form.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
170 to 180 F is anything else but hot. So don't worry ! Forget it and enjoy riding. A big welcome by the way. Ahh and register Your Bike. Because than we would know of witch batch Your F4S is coming from. The very early F4's, lets say the 99 to 00 Models, had only a single radiator and overheated very quickly on traffic lights. Starting with the 01 Models the F4 was equipped with an additional radiator. So unless You have an early F4 You shouldn't have any problem.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
If You look closely and compare You will see that my 2000 F4 had no lower radiator. But MV Agusta offered an upgrade, with the auxiliary radiator, in 2001 for all early F4. Initially for whopping 2500 Dollars, later MV gave the Kit away for 1200 including installation.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey thanks alot.... yeaa i have a 2000 MV exactly like yours...what do you suggest i should do about it???

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Mmmmh, avoid stucking in traffic and don't ride to slow. I fear it will be very difficult to get hands on the original MV Agusta Radiator Kit today. But the parts as the lower radiator, the additional hoses, the wiring harness etc. are standard on all EV01, EV02, EV03, SPR, not sure if the stuff on the F4 1000 is also the same, and so would be available as spare Parts over Your dealer. The Dealer should have even a Parts Catalogue where You can see the different Parts neccessary. Or if You finally know what it needs You can search on ebay. I surely remember that there are lower radiators and things on offer.
I will look into my Spare Parts Catalogue, covering Oro till SPR, Today evening and than I can tell You more about it.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I have a lower radiator for the two rad set up if you're interested, send me a PM.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Single Radiator

I tried to compare the two set ups for similarities on Parts. But I gave up on this and thought let You do it byself, than You will see how excessive this is. And by the way it is not done with the lower Radiator alone. Hence the Original Kit Price of roughly 2500 Dollars. The Double Radiator Change Kit has the order no. 800098318.
And I compared the Parts of the F4 750 Double Radiator Set with the F4 1000 Set. It is in deed exactly the same.

First the Pages of the Parts Catalogue containing the Single Padiator.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts