MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought I would stop in and say hello. I'm super excited to finally have the mv I've been wanting for quite a while. Took my first ride around town and it was great but given the high temperature for today is around or just over 100 deg. F it was just about too hot to ride.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I thought I would stop in and say hello. I'm super excited to finally have the mv I've been wanting for quite a while. Took my first ride around town and it was great but given the temp. is around or just over 100 deg. it was just about too hot to ride.

Congrats for your new bike, I'm sure you'll enjoy it a lot!:brutale:
And just for you to know, in our winter here (when temperatures are about 21 to 25 deg), my bike's temperature is normally at least 90c deg. :penguin::penguin::penguin::laughing:

Imagine it during the summer...100 deg is usal.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I Do have a question though. I noticed that the cat gets very warm. I am considering getting rid of it. But I can't decide to just buy a midpipe or just upgrade to the complete race exhaust. If I remove the cat do I need the race ecu even if I leave the stock cans? What is everyones opinions on this.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I Do have a question though. I noticed that the cat gets very warm. I am considering getting rid of it. But I can't decide to just buy a midpipe or just upgrade to the complete race exhaust. If I remove the cat do I need the race ecu even if I leave the stock cans? What is everyones opinions on this.
Congrats on your new bike.
Your exhaust is all welded together from the header pipes through the cat. Here is one that the cat has been cut off of a 1078. I do not know if it is possible with the 990 because you have a butterfly valve in your exhaust. You can buy just the header and linkpipe with the ECU and keep your stock mufflers. Your bike will definitely run better with the race ECU and you do not have to use the o2 sensor.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Nice!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Break in

Any tips on break in do i need to stick to what the manual says on break in or is there better advice out there?.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Just enjoy it and give it a good long run with varying speeds but don't overload the motor or strain it too much going up a hill - keep it revving freely.

Modern technology, metals and tolerances are so good today that running in is just about a dying art!!!!

My mate thrashed his Honda from the start and it was one of the best bikes, tractable etc etc for all of its life!

I did get the first service on mine at 1000k's or so - that is the most important thing on a new bike.... changing the oil and checking all bolts and components that might drop off!!

You shouldn't over rev the engine though but take it through most of the rev range but not the extreme limits, they do that at the factory anyway!!

The manual says what it says just to protect themselves coz any idiot could buy a bike and give it a hell of a thrashing with little regard for the long life of the engine etc etc!!!

Rings and bearings still have to 'seat in' so it is wise to look after you new found toy!!

Good luck with it!!

I teach Automotive at a College but it is still only my opinion but there are a few years of experience in what I am saying!!!

enjoy the ride - nice bike!!!

Gary

·
Registered
147 Posts
Congrats, welcome and enjoy your new bike...very nice on white flavor!

I got a black one too!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Nice bike!!

+1 to what Gazman says about the run in. I've done that for my previous bikes and never had a problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts