MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Previously owned a 910S bought new back in 2009. Sold about 4 years later.

Bought a Senna 1000 F4 last year, just sold it.

Just bought what would have been my dream bike back in 2009 had I been able to afford one - a 1078RR Brutale.

This one's got on of Nitrons finest rear shocks, Full MV Corse Exhaust. It appears to have had the 02 Sensor eliminated and has a power commander. I therefore am guessing that it's got a Corse ECU perhaps? or else there would certainly be issues with the power commander, but the bike is fully sorted to ride so cool.

I note all the positive reviews online - softer in the real world that the previous 910S etc, great brakes, smoother throttle response etc.

Personally however it seems business as usual to me. Throttle like an on/off switch, rock hard suspension hard to ride fast on anything but silky smooth bitumen. This thing is an animal and I have to take it by the scruff of the neck to ride, but I have to love it because it' rips, snorts and burbles and turns heads wherever it goes. It's a terrible bike, but I still had to have one. Engine is epic, and so is handling on good roads.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh yes, I may add that coming from an F4 and now having owned a couple Brutale's as well, I got to say - F4 has the best Exhaust sound, Brutale has the best induction roar. Overall, I'd take the Brutale's sound track any day. what a noise!!!!

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Nice!!
But the Senna?!?

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Oh ,how exciting ,now watch the dollars disappear with all the mods ,beast of a bike and i have done crap loads to mine ,Enjoy .

cheers eddy

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Power Commander will not solve the throttle problem. Get a new Microtec ECU
Yep been there and done that, one of the first in Australia in fact a few years ago. Gonna leave it the way it came, snap-neck throttle and rip your face off power. Steady right wrist required.

A conversion to full power would be cool. From what I can tell the F4 1078 has a higher compression ratio, higher rev limit, larger throttle bodies.

Possibly the F4 exhaust and airbox contribute to more power also, in particular ram air effect, but I'm not so sure. Know any other differences?

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
I have to disagree about the Power commander ,mine runs a smooth as a suzuki ,so obviously there are other variables at play ,like i said before i have zero snathcy throttle, so something else must be occuring ,the microtec from Chris is brilliant ,but seems like you have a win or you just get bad results,No idea why but i take certain steps before i have it dyno tuned .

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Oh ,if you do not get a dyno tune done you are wasting your time and money getting one and without a race ecu ,forget about it

·
Registered
465 Posts
Yep been there and done that, one of the first in Australia in fact a few years ago. Gonna leave it the way it came, snap-neck throttle and rip your face off power. Steady right wrist required.

A conversion to full power would be cool. From what I can tell the F4 1078 has a higher compression ratio, higher rev limit, larger throttle bodies.

Possibly the F4 exhaust and airbox contribute to more power also, in particular ram air effect, but I'm not so sure. Know any other differences?
I don't know if tuning the Brutale up to the power output of the F4 is even worth it, though some might disagree. The F4 is tuned and designed to go fast at the big end consistently . Since the Brutale is a naked bike, Exceeding 160 mph for any period of time is virtually unbearable (think wind protection).

I'm pretty sure the head, cams and mapping of the F4 also help differentiate the motor output from the Brutale. It's not always how much power the motor makes, but more importantly where it makes it.

Reactions: eddypro and squibby
1 - 11 of 11 Posts