MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought a '05 F4 1000s

I was in the market for a senna or ago but today i changed my mind. I couldn't pass a '05 F4 1000s with only 710 miles. The bike is in superb condition. Owner by a collector. Not a single scratch. Basically brand new. Mono post. Came with all manuals, keys, stand, service history etc. 600 mile service was done by ferracci. I think i got the deal of the century for 11k. I'm happy :)

First question: What is the best replacement for the cat mid pipe?

:f4:

here's a pic:

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
first question

why you really feel you need one??

awaiting your interesting answer

well not really, im pissed and off to bed, yawn.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I was in the market for a senna or ago but today i changed my mind. I couldn't pass a '05 F4 1000 with only 710 miles. The bike is in superb condition. Owner by a collector. Not a single scratch. Basically brand new. Mono post. Came with all manuals, keys, stand, service history etc. 600 mile service was done by ferracci. I think i got the deal of the century for 11k. I'm happy :)
Well....I guess I can scratch this one from my list then....I was actually looking at the same bike...DeSimone MotorSport right? But that is a superb price....it was actually advertised for $12,999 on Cycle Trader...you got it for $11K OTD? Good catch...congratulations...

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well....I guess I can scratch this one from my list then....I was actually looking at the same bike...DeSimone MotorSport right? But that is a superb price....it was actually advertised for $12,999 on Cycle Trader...you got it for $11K OTD? Good catch...congratulations...
Yes that's the one. I paid cash. Still need to pay NY taxes.

·
Registered
331 Posts
First question: What is the best replacement for the cat mid pipe?
I put the Arrow stainless midpipe on my '06, which is essentially the same as yours. I'm happy with the results.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I put the Arrow stainless midpipe on my '06, which is essentially the same as yours. I'm happy with the results.
thanks. did you need to reprogram the chip?

is the sound better? any noticeable gain in hp?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've got the 06 model and have decided to keep her standard - just sold the 848 because I just don't ride it anymore - great choice :)

·
Premium Member
13,695 Posts
thanks. did you need to reprogram the chip?

is the sound better? any noticeable gain in hp?
You can't reprogram the chip, the sound is better, no noticeable gain on the butt dyno, but you may pick up a horse or two.

With regard to the chip: You can change the eprom if you like or you can get a PC3 if you find you need one.

Do the install first. Your bike may run fine with out messing with the ecu. Mine did.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You can't reprogram the chip, the sound is better, no noticeable gain on the butt dyno, but you may pick up a horse or two.

With regard to the chip: You can change the eprom if you like or you can get a PC3 if you find you need one.

Do the install first. Your bike may run fine with out messing with the ecu. Mine did.
thanks. i will try with the stock ecu first. I just read on the motovation website that the arrow mid pipe should run well with the stock ecu.

is that the best site to order the pipe? are there any used ones out there? is there a big difference between the regular and the titanium besides the weight?

·
Registered
104 Posts
that's a great deal, enjoy it!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Somewhere sometime the lower fairings have been repainted. Doesn`t mean it`s not a great bike though!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Somewhere sometime the lower fairings have been repainted. Doesn`t mean it`s not a great bike though!
why do you say this??? this bike has never been repainted or dropped.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts