which one is it? what model-year?
very nice indeed ... clean lines

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi all.

Unfortunatly it's not mine!

It belongs to a friend and forum member who has it for sale at the moment (don't ask unless you have very deep pockets, which it is worth btw).

It's a 175 CSS 'Squalo' from 1954/55.

What's even more special about it is the Bialbero (twincam) cylinder head. These were offered as a factory kit to fit directly on the standard single cam Squalo engine. To say the head kits were and are rare is a gross under statement. They were extremly expensive in the day.

Some standard singlecam Squalo frames came with a removable frame top tube (bolted at each end). This was to enable the removal of the kit Bialbero head with the engine still in the frame. Without this you had to drop the whole motor. Remember these were race bikes and removal of the head was a regular event.

To have a Squalo with the special frame AND the Bialbero head is indeed a wonderful thing to behold.

Dorian.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
This is in deed breath taking stunning Dorian.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
It is indeed lovely but then again which of the '50s 'specials' don't look magnificent? What a very special period in time that was!

I think the magneto ignition in place of the flywheel type arrangement looks very cool.

Love it. :)

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Love it. That tank is a beautifull shape.
I agree with you completley Donsy.

The Squalo, and indeed the 125 Monoalbero, tanks are a work of art when you look at them in the flesh. All hand made from alluminium and not a flat surface anywhere but all very subtle. You can always tell a repro tank as there just not 'right'.

Dorian.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
A very beautiful bike, love the style of it

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thank you Dorian
What a surpise to see my bi-albero squalo here.
I get emotional at the looks, although allready some 15 years that I
own her. I caress her every day, doesn't ride her since two years.
gerard

1 - 14 of 14 Posts