MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a thought....

Yesterday the fuel light on my Dragster blinked to tell me I needed a pitstop.

I also noticed the message on my dash showing the text "FUEL" followed by the nr of km I could ride on the fuel left in my tank.
As this number was increasing and decreasing I assume it was adjusting to my driving style on this moment.

I was just thinking, why does this countdown starts at reserve and not at a full tank :banghead:

It's not like the text "ABS N" which the dash is showing is of much use.....

Or is it just me, missing something...:confused:

·
Registered
320 Posts
lol... You obviously haven't owned a KTM... The reserve warning initially comes on 'helpfully' stating something along the lines of... "you have between 10 & 40 miles remaining" and counts down from there... So, do I panick or am I ok? !! :bash:

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:jsm::jsm::jsm:
lol... You obviously haven't owned a KTM... The reserve warning initially comes on 'helpfully' stating something along the lines of... "you have between 10 & 40 miles remaining" and counts down from there... So, do I panick or am I ok? !! :bash:
:jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the number only goes up, from the time the fuel lamp comes on.
I think the reason the number goes up is because your trying to save fuel to prevent yourself from pushing the bike to the gasstation...:naughty:

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Why do you say that it counts up and down?

I think you are mistaken on the counter. It doesn't read fuel consumption at all and it doesn't count down to how many Km you can do until empty. All it does is count the km since the light goes on to give you an indication of how far you can go until empty. Normally 50km I believe. So when you've done 50km with the light on, and the next fuel stop is 40km away, you might be pushing the bike the remaining distance. It counts up only.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why do you say that it counts up and down?

I think you are mistaken on the counter. It doesn't read fuel consumption at all and it doesn't count down to how many Km you can do until empty. All it does is count the km since the light goes on to give you an indication of how far you can go until empty. Normally 50km I believe. So when you've done 50km with the light on, and the next fuel stop is 40km away, you might be pushing the bike the remaining distance. It counts up only.
Well when the light went on this meter was blinking 40 km.
It counted down till 28 km.
At this point I drove into town and the meter went up again,32,37...
I think as a result of me driving 40km/h instead of 130 ;)

·
Registered
166 Posts
When the fuel light comes on the counter starts at 0km and counts up. I have filled up the tank to the brim, ridden it till I got the fuel light, filled up and found there was 4litres left in the tank.

Unless you have a new map/ecu flash which counts backwards, there could be something magical happening here. Kinda like the golden ticket from Charlie and the Chocolate factory. You may have won something ;)

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When the fuel light comes on the counter starts at 0km and counts up. I have filled up the tank to the brim, ridden it till I got the fuel light, filled up and found there was 4litres left in the tank.

Unless you have a new map/ecu flash which counts backwards, there could be something magical happening here. Kinda like the golden ticket from Charlie and the Chocolate factory. You may have won something ;)

I've always said Giovanni Castiglioni was a kind of a Willy Wonka sort of person.
It now explains everything, MV's are build by Umpa Lumpa's !!!! :naughty:

·
Registered
846 Posts
Tested this today, starts at zero and counts up. To bad it started doing it at 170km, average fuel consumption 1:12.8 :wtf:
Allmost time for her first service, just 125km to go. :yo: Intake sound is getting nicer and nicer, now i know why i didn't order an aftermarket exhaust.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok Italia, I've just pissed myself.....

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts