MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone going to the trackday at Road Atlanta June 23-24?

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Ed and I are confirmed at Barber June 30th and July 1st. Randy said he would go as did Francois. Pretty cheap: $396 for both days.

·
Administrator
20,073 Posts
Road A with Nesba looked like fun, but Barber was a better deal. And I think I want to get familiar on Lola at a track that is not quite as fast as Road A.....although I do enjoy that track.

Will they use the old turn 12? or the new "Bus Stop"? never ridden with Nesba before.

·
Registered
735 Posts
All the track day companies use the squared off turn 12 which is pretty much a right angle turn. Since Miguel duhamel's crash the old fast turn is no more as there's no runoff at the exit. AMA used it also this year.

I'll be there with STT August 18-19.

·
Administrator
20,073 Posts
Not so....STT used the original turn 12 last time I ran there (2010?)....It is up to the organizers and the requests of the riders. We all voted for the old turn....and got it.

Racers looking for practice laps for WERA races want the "Bus Stop", but most of the "for fun" riders ask for the original turn.

·
Registered
7,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Same here Ed. STT used the original turn when I was there. Not sure if they changed it this year.

·
Administrator
20,073 Posts
I will also be at Barber for the AMA races this coming weekend......anyone else going???

I may have an extra pass....and I don't have to work!!!!! Send me a PM

·
Registered
7,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will be at road atlanta on sunday doing my trackday. I promise to keep her right side up and not drop her. Have fun Ed. Wish I could go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts