MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rumours in Austria linking Jorge to Jack Miller's seat at Pramac Ducati!:surprise::surprise:

Was not giving them too much credence but they were given traction by Jack himself saying he thinks that's why his factory contract is still not in place.:surprise:

Jorge to a satellite team? Ducati and Domenicali doing a complete about face? Honda letting Jorge go?

Something to get your teeth into on a friday morning.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Honda letting Whore Hey go I can easily believe - they want to win and are ruthless.

Going back to Ducati I personally doubt ... I reckon he will take a move to another factory team (maybe Suzuki or back to Yamaha when Rossi goes to Honda ;) )

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
yes rossi to honda is funny
he hates those twats
Honda treat riders like light bulbs, when the bulb goes screw another one
Honda have no soul or heart they treat people like said above

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
. . . Honda treat riders like light bulbs, when the bulb goes screw another one . . .
Yet they let Pedrosa shine dimly for a long time:wink2:.

And then WAYyyyy back, they held Sinichi Ito (Gardner's teammate) as a Japanese token rather than a results producing rider.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
oh my god, yes i totally forgot about that. U got me there Nigel.
That one is a very big mystery. I think Dani had incriminating photos of mr Honda, so he got to stay.
I was merely repeating what Valentino said in his book about Honda, so thats all i got to go off lol
But yep u got me on the dani point

Reactions: nigelrb

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
oh shit i totally forgot about ur fondness with Honda
sorry mate, i hope i didnt offend

Reactions: nigelrb

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
My understanding was Pedrosa's value was in his ability to develop bikes. Apparently he is one of the best test riders going around.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
My understanding was Pedrosa's value was in his ability to develop bikes. Apparently he is one of the best test riders going around.
I don't want to ruffle feathers @Glenno , but if that be the case, keep him as a test rider and hand over the valuable seat to a more competitive rider. I have no case against Danny, but he was off the boil in his final two years and there were/are still capable riders of warming the seat.

Perhaps Stephan Bradl is an excellent example. He is revered as a test rider (and well-accomplished endurance racer!) but come to grips with Moto GP? Nup, way behind the 8-ball down in Lorenzo territory. I say give the ride to Nakagima!:wink2:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Hey mate. No feathers ruffled. That is the only reason I know of that would give them reason to keep him. I don't necessarily agree....

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
When people here say Honda (motogp class) is threating their riders like crap.
Its so the oppiside that you hear from Honda over at Formula 1.

On F1 Honda folk, and threating their teams both Red Bull and Toro Rosso with respect and best possible teamwork.

How is it possible that one Japanese group is such trash & other 'velly hunabru'

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
. . . How is it possible that one Japanese group is such trash & other 'velly hunabru'
It might not be possible at all, because we are all (in my opinion) recipients of third party hearsay and don't have a clue of what happens in the paddock except for the: 'I know a mate of a mate who works in the paddock and he said . . .'

It's probably all the same as the Lorenzo hype at the moment: half a dozen different versions but all speculation!:wink2:

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
It might not be possible at all, because we are all (in my opinion) recipients of third party hearsay and don't have a clue of what happens in the paddock except for the: 'I know a mate of a mate who works in the paddock and he said . . .'
While you got a point there. If Max Verstappen says that the people over at Honda are serious about their job and both parties(Honda & Red Bull) are respectful to each other, listing to each other, I believe him.
Cause back when Red Bull used Renault as engine supplier, Max was always telling his opinion, the same stories, both in english and in dutch interviews. Harsh, sometimes mean, Renault ignoring Red Bull, Max doesnt sugarcoating it.

Few weeks ago after Austria GP, same: Honda has to improve a do a better job if they would like to see us both producing these results. *Also to Red Bull themself about their chassis.
Straight to the point.

If Rossi & Dani talk badly over Honda and even Marquez say Honda just does what they want instead of listing to rider input. (Rhoerh1250, usually speaks about this)
Thats just bad and weird.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Honda doesn't own F1 and they are seriously lacking engine power/tech so they MUST be nice ….. Who hires riders at Ducati? he was a questionable hire when he was in his prime because of his attitude/work ethic. Now he just done . I would hire Rossi over Lorenzo AND why not try for Quartrarro ? Alex Marquez ( former statement Incorrect.. my fault .Was reading A Marquez was going to Ducati IN MSN=wishfull thinking of team manager.) Or MARC Marquez, he isn't happy at his treatment at Honda .

FYI …. GLenno? When you see Marquez trap speeds higher than other Hondas its because of his unique style of riding . He gets his turns finished earlier than anyone else which makes every strait longer, he gets on the throttle quicker than anyone else which gives him a better drive off the corners . This allows a higher gear ration and higher trap speeds with same HP. Still the Ducatis have most power and faster than the Hondas (also according to Marquez Ducati handles better) and are running only 925cc.... They say they do this for handling purposes. When Ducati get Marquez the MotoGP will be a race for 2nd place unless Yamaha REALLY steps up there game .

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Number 2 Alex will not sign with Honda after brother has been treated poorly and its MotoGP bike is last in handling . Marc Marquez isn't an if its a when he leaves Honda. How would you feel if you where risking your life/ busting your ass to ride. Hold up the team, win championships then Honda says ...No... Marquez isn't the reason for winning Championships our bike is just THAT good.
Also to REALLY motivate a move , Honda stated they are not building a bike around your unique riding style as they/Honda think Marquez is leaving . THAT is when I thought his father would say , Marc , you should pack your bags and go NOW. I am surprised he hasn't signed with someone/anyone after that statement . Lorenzo was SUPPOSED to be Hondas new star to build bike around as his style is much more viable to the average rider/racer.
BTW Honda isn't the only factory to let a rider hang out on a limb. Yamaha was so impressed with Roberts Sr they thought they didn't need to work/improve bike from 1978 to 1981. Roberts finally said if you don't give me a new/competitive bike I am going to Suzuki . Yamaha then designed like 10-15 bikes from the OW 54 to the OW 71 over a 2 year period. The OW70 chassis actually looks like the CURRENT Suzuki MotoGP Bikes chassis but it was legendary for being a handling nightmare.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Mate there is absolutely NO WAY the Honda is the worst handling bike in the paddock. It may not be as good as the Suzuki but it is no KTM. A significant part of the problem with the Honda is the fact it was stiffened up so much in the front end to aid Marquez corner entry style. Stoner warned them this would affect feel and compliance.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts