MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry MV Agusta but it was not meant to be this time around.

Wanted the Brutale 800 and for a very long time, my heart was set on one but didn't like the colour and thought ahha MV will surely add/change colours for 2014 but they didn't. There were a few other things I didn't like but I shan't go into details. MV added ABS and a quickshifter which was great but it did push the price to over £10k and that then fell into the realms of the bigger litre bikes.
Tried a few out but loved the new BMW S1000r Sport and that's what I bought, picked it up on Thursday and I'm chuffed to bits with it, it's an incredible machine.

I sill love MV Agusta and I will always get excited when I see one but for now I will have to wait to be part of the amazing MV family.

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Congrats Roger. Saw a red one at the BMW dealer a couple of weeks ago. Looks the business. I agree about the B3 colors. Had they made a traditional Red/Silver instead of the darker Red, I might have given it a harder look. Sure, you can re-paint, but I'm not into having to change colors of bikes/cars.

Every MV needs to be available in traditional Red/Silver as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Italia :) I got the red one!
I did think about changing the colour but you would have to throw £1000 into it to get it done properly and then of course there is the re-sale value which will either go for you or against you.
Agreed on the red/silver colour option but I so wanted the red frame if I got an MV but I just hated the matt finish.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Roger, congrats on the new bike I hope you gel well with it and enjoy the ride, sometimes IF you have a doubt it is better to walk away and re-think. Certainly the price hike with the 2014 bikes due to ABS etc would have made me re-think.
Take care and see you around.
jimboF4

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, it's much appreciated :)
Gotta say I love the Bike, the quickshifter is silky smooth, has oodles of power, has more 'fun' factor than any of the other IL4 bikes i have tried, if i was to gripe it would be about the crappy mirrors that vibrate around 70mph. Got some sexy Rizoma on order.

The next nice day Chris I will be down the Quay - This Tuesday is looking not so good but we shall see.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
As long as you're happy, that's what matters. Enjoy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts