MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have made an enquiry through my business.

Here is John Guest's reply.

Joe

Hello Joseph,

Thank you for your enquiry.

We have a lot of industry product ranges (Plumbing, Drinks dispense, Compressed Air /Pneumatic & Blown Fibre) with most being sold through distribution. However with our Automotive product range because of the critical nature, we tend to deal directly with the end user / tube manipulator. We do not provide an online catalogue for these products because every application has to be validated.

Our minimum order quantities start from 5,000 pieces. If I have not already answered your question please don’t hesitate to contact me with some project and application details.

Best regards John.

·
Vendor
5,277 Posts
Go for it Joe,order 5,000 fittings you will make a fortune lol.:jsm:

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Put me down for three thanks Joe.:)

jimboF4

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I've had some success in these situations asking the company to send a few samples to me to evaluate. They are free...they usually send a half a dozen or so and you don't have to deal with buying 5000.

If you buy 5000 I'll take a baker's dozen.

·
Vendor
5,277 Posts
Joe,I will take 2,as long as its free postage to Australia.:naughty:

·
Registered
9,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've had some success in these situations asking the company to send a few samples to me to evaluate. They are free...they usually send a half a dozen or so and you don't have to deal with buying 5000.

If you buy 5000 I'll take a baker's dozen.

If you get half a dozen I'll eat my MV :naughty:

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Personally I think you'd be crazy to do this Joe, and then which JG fittings are you talking about , the one on the fuel rail or the one on the >2010 bikes fuel pumps?

·
Registered
14,406 Posts
Personally I think you'd be crazy to do this Joe, and then which JG fittings are you talking about , the one on the fuel rail or the one on the >2010 bikes fuel pumps?
2010+ fuel pump plate fittings......go to the distributors or a hydraulic fitting company......the US John Guest distributor said the only ones using them are the Italians:wtf::wtf::wtf: go figure:jerkoff:

·
Vendor
5,277 Posts
Seriously Joe,plastic fuel fittings are not good due to age and heat from the motor,limited use by date.Plastic becomes brittle very quickly.Even in-tank fuel filter\pump modules in cars these days (all plastic) become brittle and they are immersed in fuel and kept cool.Joe,send me your Y10 fuel pump plate and Mick and I will work out a metal fitting conversion at a low cost to benefit all Y10 MV owners for the future.As time goes on we are going to see more of the fittings snapping off so if there is a quick and easy solution available it will benefit all.:)

·
Registered
9,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Seriously Joe,plastic fuel fittings are not good due to age and heat from the motor,limited use by date.Plastic becomes brittle very quickly.Even in-tank fuel filter\pump modules in cars these days (all plastic) become brittle and they are immersed in fuel and kept cool.Joe,send me your Y10 fuel pump plate and Mick and I will work out a metal fitting conversion at a low cost to benefit all Y10 MV owners for the future.As time goes on we are going to see more of the fittings snapping off so if there is a quick and easy solution available it will benefit all.:)

You are right Mitchy..It would be a nice idea if Mick came up with a metal version of the fitting. No reason why not as it is mounted with an O ring to the pump plate.

My bikes are 2009 and prev. I just have a spare 2010 fuel pump here. I have got so much MV inventory here it makes me dizzy lol.

The way to go is to get hold of an Aprilia fitting and reverse engineer it.

The problem with making parts for these niche markets is that we end up with money tied up in stock for long periods. I have projects for the Laverda boys as well as the brackets for MVs. I have also made exhaust butterflys for the MV pan pipes and fuel line sets. The pattern is always the same ..a flurry of interest at the outset and then a steep drop in the sales chart after a month or so.

So making parts where there is little return is a real labour of love...As we both know :)

Taking the plastic fitting out of my spare will break it and the fuel filter removal wrecks the internal lines as they are shrunk fitted to the inside pipe stubs...So I intend to sell it complete at some point.

Cheers

Joe

·
Vendor
5,277 Posts
I understand Joe,I will grab a second pump plate myself if one comes up on FleeBay and have a play.

·
Registered
14,406 Posts
?

Mitch;
I wouldn't even mess with the John Guest fitting.....

use a CPC 90 deg. male in the plate and a straight barbed female in the hose....

use the valved metal fittings, won't break and no fuel bath

1 - 17 of 17 Posts