MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as is now becoming a Expensive 'sub-hobby'...I've added the latest limited edition Arai to my growing collection.
It is a 'Joey Dunlop' 1985 replica..(mine is Number 10 of just 305)...,here is what Arai have to say about it;

''Arai are pleased to announce the production of the most authentic limited edition Joey Dunlop replica helmet produced using the actual design and sponsors from 1985.
The helmet will be a Celebration of Joey Dunlops success throughout his racing career, specifically within the 1985 IOM TT. During the 1985 IOM TT Joey had three first place finishes in ‘Junior TT’; ‘Formula 1 TT’; ‘Senior TT’. Joey also had three first places at the Ulster GP and two at the NW200 within the same year.
The design will feature the Northern Irish radio station DownTown Radio who sponsored Joey during 1985 and had the radio station logo on the side of his iconic yellow/black helmet. The ‘Joey 85’ is the most authentic replica to date. With a simple ‘Joey’ on the back as per his helmet of that year. DownTown Radio are still on air in Northern Ireland today.
The helmets will be limited in number with only 305 available and will come complete with a limited edition numbered sticker and certificate signed by Linda Dunlop. The Arai Joey 85 will be exclusively available from Crossans Motorcycles".

And here are some photos:mouthwate......This time I've opted to display the helmet with a clear visor..as (there are exceptions)..but that is how Joey usually rode.

I have one or two photos of my own of Joey at the UGP in 1985 (as usual I was there)...I'll dig them out and post them up:)
Brian:)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Certainly high viz that one, does your good lady know you got another addition to the family?
This means there's only one more space in that there cabinet.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Certainly high viz that one, does your good lady know you got another addition to the family?
This means there's only one more space in that there cabinet.
Yes...she's ok with that...but what's she gonna say when I announce I'm gonna get 'ANOTHER' cabinet!!!:jsm:

Anyway.,I had a good hunt and I found those 1985 'Joey' photos at the UGP..(possibly 84 as that was the year I was married (July) and the UGP is August...and we were definitely there!)...but as you can see the 'Downtown Radio' sponsorship is on his bike and helmet and that was 85...need to double check.

That is Roger Marshall (no 11) behind him in two of the photos.

Obviously the 'negatives' are by now long lost.,so I've photo'd the photos:)
Brian.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Brian, do you have any of those pics hung on the wall beside your cabinets? Would look great and would show the lucky ones to see them in flesh the history behind those historic helmets.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Brian, do you have any of those pics hung on the wall beside your cabinets? Would look great and would show the lucky ones to see them in flesh the history behind those historic helmets.
They're really too small to hang on the wall..., but that is a good idea.
As I had to search for them (thought they were lost)...,I think I'll put them in the cabinet along side the helmet.
Brian.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Your collection is looking good Brian. The Joey replica is the biz.
My helmet size is also small, so if you need to get rid of any due to lack of space, just pack 'em up and send 'em over. Purely to help you out!!!!!!

Dave.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
no no no ,I have an empty cabinet,and i love yellow ,plus i am stranded and surrounded by water. LoL. only if you have left overs.

CHEERS EDDY

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Whaaaaaaaaaaa!!!. I'm gutted!:bawling:
They look great..,I especially like the top RHS one..(they're all great!!)

But not available to buy?? What a kidney punch!!.
I'm just Gutted!..............................................................

PS.., Did I say I was Gutted?????:bawling:

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
PM me your box address and I'll send you the ones I have made, but like I said...not great but they can only get better.

can you send me a close up of the one on your orange 37 helmet, can't really see what it looks like from your photo.

Thank you
That is very kind of you!!!
I'll take a couple of decent photos of it tomorrow for you..., it is the 2011 version which is a bit bigger and of a slightly different shape to the later ones which are a little smaller and all a consistent uniform shape like this....
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=64450

Thanks again
Brian:)

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I see what you've done Emanuel and they look great!...and thanks for offering to send me over a set of them. I very much appreciate that!!

Ok so here are a few photos of the Arai TT helmet visor stickers as issued from year to year.

Strangely I've never seen a 2012 one?....not sure they were issued that year (but I could be wrong?)

Anyway you can clearly see that the first issue of these stickers (2011) is of a different size and shape to all the subsequent ones.

Here are some photos. and links.....
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54720
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=64450
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=95161&page=3

Attachments

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Brian, slight update on my original post. Printed on a sticky sheet and covered them with a clear plastic.
Thank you for the pictures, I have never seen the first one from 2011, a bit unusual compared to the newer design but I sort of still like them. Do you know that there is a new 2014 Classic one coming out soon with the Classic TT in a week or so. I PM'ed you a few minutes back with more info.
Ok so your visor stickers arrived and as promised here are a couple of photos of the 'chosen ones' on my "Joey Dunlop 85" limited edition Arai helmet:mouthwate.

The 'new' 2014' Classic TT visor stickers are now available and as usual I've ordered a couple of sets (as they are limited edition)

I'll probably put a set on a visor (maybe a dark/black visor) for the option of 'change'.

Once again thanks so much for your work and interest in my crazy obsessions!:)
Brian.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok just a couple of 'observations'...by way of feedback......, the background 'yellow' is slightly light (lemon) compared to the strong 'yellow' of the helmet.
And the graphic is 'slightly' blurry (perhaps from the overlay of the clear plastic??).

In my opinion however.....,your design is far nicer and much more original than the 'new' official 2014 Classic TT stickers that have just been released.

You've done a great job for a first attempt......, and if your next ones come out 'sharper' they'll be top notch!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts