MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rossi looks determined and what an effort by Colin! The Yamahas were fast and Pedrosa's talent(and familiarity) kept the Honda in 2nd place!

Ducati horsepower equaled nothing today. Stoner did an awesome job musclin' the Ducati around and got stronger as the race went on! Capirossi... what's happening to him? I hope he can turn it around!

I was so hopin' Hopper would do well, and he was till his misQ!

It reminded me of Rossi of 2002-2003!! Superior rider on superior machinery! Look out!

Awesome race!!!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Yeah, It looked like Rossi was on a mission and nobody was going to beat him on that day. Pedrosa and Colin put up a good show, and pity about Hopper. I think Casey got stuck in the fighting pack and couldn't get out till too late. The Ducati could not use it's top line power and does not seem as nimble as the others on a tight track.

Rossi is stiil yhe master and he is wanting everyone to realise that this year. Expect more domination through the year.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Looked like Stoner started on hard tires that got better as the race went on - allowing him to pass several others despite a bad start. And don't forget, it's his first year on that bike, the Bridgestone tires etc. A different tire choice or even a little better start and he could have had a podium.

·
Registered
503 Posts
emmvee said:
Looked like Stoner started on hard tires that got better as the race went on - allowing him to pass several others despite a bad start. And don't forget, it's his first year on that bike, the Bridgestone tires etc. A different tire choice or even a little better start and he could have had a podium.
Would have, could have, should have...that's what Hopper said.

He was on a serious charge before he lost the front and low sided. I'm not sure if I buy his "wind gust" explanation.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Koop said:
Would have, could have, should have...that's what Hopper said.

He was on a serious charge before he lost the front and low sided. I'm not sure if I buy his "wind gust" explanation.
That's Hopkins for you. Bin it or bin it. ;) At that lean angle a fart would have been enough to send it over the edge.

And not trying to make any excuses for Stoner. Just pointing out he's new to the team, the bike and the tires. If he's smart, he'll learn and make better choices as time goes on. Nothing to be ashamed of in that fifth-place finish especially with qualifying as close as it was. He showed some maturity in not pushing Elias too hard and crashing. He took the position and the points.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
As far as GP races go that one was a snoozer. Considering how close it was in qualifying it never was much of a race after Rossi started pulling a gap. WTF is with the Hondas? All of them faded toward mid race. Colin put in a solid but somewhat anonymous ride. I hope Turkey is a better race... Too bad about Hopper thought he might put it on the box.

·
Registered
503 Posts
emmvee said:
That's Hopkins for you. Bin it or bin it. ;) At that lean angle a fart would have been enough to send it over the edge.

And not trying to make any excuses for Stoner. Just pointing out he's new to the team, the bike and the tires. If he's smart, he'll learn and make better choices as time goes on. Nothing to be ashamed of in that fifth-place finish especially with qualifying as close as it was. He showed some maturity in not pushing Elias too hard and crashing. He took the position and the points.
Point well taken. Casey is young and obviously has the potential for a great future.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
RobP said:
As far as GP races go that one was a snoozer. Considering how close it was in qualifying it never was much of a race after Rossi started pulling a gap. WTF is with the Hondas? All of them faded toward mid race. Colin put in a solid but somewhat anonymous ride. I hope Turkey is a better race... Too bad about Hopper thought he might put it on the box.
You're hilarious RobP!!

Always a snoozer when it's not the outcome you wanted. :nutkick:

Maybe Hayden will do better in Instanbul, then maybe you'll enjoy it more! :naughty:

A trillion peeps disagree with you but hey, that's your opinion and your entitled! :)

It was a great race!!

A

·
0 Posts
rossssssssssssssssssssi was on fire man, but yes well done to edwards too

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
RobP said:
It wasn't a cracker out front once Rossi got away,but the Stoner,Melandri and Elias battle was epic.:yo:
You would think they were still racing 250's with the overtaking at espargos(correct me if im wrong,keep forgeting the name of that corner)at the end of the back straight.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Vlad Drac said:
You're hilarious RobP!!

Maybe Hayden will do better in Instanbul, then maybe you'll enjoy it more! :naughty:

A trillion peeps disagree with you but hey, that's your opinion and your entitled! :)

It was a great race!!

I'm sorry, but when first second and third are settled on the first lap yes it is booring. Racing is exciting when there are multiple player fighting for the lead and the race isn't settled until the last lap. What outcome did I want by the way? I expected Rossi to win, but I would have liked to see Edwards battling instead of just clinging to the lead group and I was hoping Hopkins would catch the lead pack.

There were good rides particularly Hopper and Elias, but the RACE itself was booring as hell :jerkoff:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Vlad Drac said:
You're hilarious RobP!!

LOL!

It was the director's style of coverage that was boring, not the race. Elias passed several others, Stoner was moving up through the pack nicely, Hopkins with a broken hand while riding a SUZUKI even managed to pass the Whirled Champion.

Vlad Drac said:
If enough of the top riders crash he may even get a podium!

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
emmvee said:
LOL!

It was the director's style of coverage that was boring, not the race. Elias passed several others, Stoner was moving up through the pack nicely, Hopkins with a broken hand while riding a SUZUKI even managed to pass the Whirled Champion.

If enough of the top riders crash he may even get a podium!

Without being there we have to rely on the race coverage, what I saw was about as exciting as a Nascar event. I'm sure there was a great battle for last place as well between the Dunlop shod yamahas but I don't really care about that. The race is at the front and if that sucks the race sucks. I can look for a silver lining and tell myself there was an epic battle for last but that isn't the race is it?

·
Registered
443 Posts
RobP said:
Without being there we have to rely on the race coverage, what I saw was about as exciting as a Nascar event.
I for one agree a race is a contest about who wins - this one was no contest almost from the start :laughing:

Maybe if they made Rossi start in the back ..... or at least the middle of the pack - the first half might have been interesting :highclap: !

Tom

·
Registered
276 Posts
Well, my opinion: was a very boring race.

And I am afraid that Rossi has a total control over the rest.

This year all tracks are going to be a "Rossi´s land".

Pedrosa and Stoner for the future, but not 2007.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts