MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Set your DVR in USA for 7:00am EDT tomorrow morning on Fox Sports 1. Could be another start to finish Marquez win, but I'll watch anyway. :popcorn:
Qualifying:
1. Marc Marquez (Honda) 1’38.120
2. Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha) 1’38.541
3. Dani Pedrosa (Honda) 1’38.630
4. Valentino Rossi (Yamaha) 1’38.857
5. Aleix Espargaro (Forward-Yamaha) 1’39.007
6. Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati) 1’39.222
7. Stefan Bradl (Honda) 1’39.243
8. Pol Espargaro (Yamaha) 1’39.293
9. Bradley Smith (Yamaha) 1’39.390
10. Alvaro Bautista (Honda) 1’39.751
11. Colin Edwards (Forward-Yamaha) 1’39.814
12. Nicky Hayden (Honda) 1’39.826
13. Hiroshi Aoyama (Honda) 1’39.768
14. Cal Crutchlow (Ducati) 1’39.849
15. Andrea Iannone (Ducati) 1’40.118
16. Karel Abraham (Honda) 1’40.126
17. Michele Pirro (Ducati) 1’40.239
18. Scott Redding (Honda) 1’40.453
19. Yonny Hernandez (Ducati) 1’40.566
20. Danilo Petrucci (ART) 1’41.009
21. Michael Laverty (PBM) 1’41.124
22. Mike di Meglio (Avintia) 1’41.517
23. Broc Parkes (PBM) 1’41.702
24. Hector Barbera (Avintia) 1’42.052

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
This one could be a bit more tricky, at least for second place Kevin. Marc has already proved he can ride on wasted tyres, we know Jorge and Danny can't, Rossi can if his front stays okay. If it's as hot as yesterday, I predict Marc-Rossi and the rest.

·
Registered
5,577 Posts

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Marquez is riding like his been in the gp for years. His skill and riding ability is absolute finess. How he continually took rossi on inder brakes on the inside like it was a walk in the park. Those first few laps were special.

Great too see rossi back. I hope he comtinues to get better. I think jorge has alot of work to do i dont know how his fallen behind on pace so much. The pressure is now building for him and cant afford any mistakes. Pedrosa is solid. I only hope he can compete with marc i would love to see him win the championship that would be even better result for the sport.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Oh dear, you just know how a race/season is going to pan out when the broadcaster, in my case BT Sports, starts putting together a montage of previous clashes and call it "Expect fireworks!!" in an effort to try and drum up some excitement prior to race day, when in reality they know the result is a foregone conclusion. Hats off the Marquez, the guys a genius but it doesn't make for entertaining viewing, I've started skipping the race itself and just watch the highlights :(

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
35 Posts
Those first few laps were special, good to see Rossi having a go with MM, just wished it could have lasted longer as it got a bit dull after MM pushed on to make a gap while his tyres were good.

Shame DP didn't make a move earlier so we could have seen a few last lap battles with Rossi.

Bet this ruined JL 's birthday seeing the others push on.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Those first few laps were special, good to see Rossi having a go with MM, just wished it could have lasted longer as it got a bit dull after MM pushed on to make a gap while his tyres were good.

Yep those few laps were pretty much what was in the highlights show :laughing:

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
MM is a mutant. I've never been an H guy at all, but I find myself tolerating the Honda brand because of him and his outrageous riding ability. Da boy gots skills.

Pedrosa will never win a championship as long as Marquez is breathing and still riding. That window was slammed shut, IMHO. Over.

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Although Marc was a refreshing change to the Moto GP series, has he sealed the death of Moto GP ?

It appears that Marc and Honda are doing what Schumacher Ferrari did to F1 in the late 90's.

Made racing boring !

Unlike most, I don't pull for underdogs and parity. I love to see a consumate skill crush all competition, if such exists.

With Marquez, it exists. Everyone else is racing for second. But I'm in the minority. Most want a NASCAR scenario, with three-wide nose-to-nose coming off the last turn of the last lap for the final finish line sprint.

I love it that Marquez can literally run away and hide from the other best riders in the sport. I can even say the H-word now because of him.:)

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
The way Marquez is riding makes it not boring at all. For me it's a bit like Ayrton Senna in F1. It's also his style that makes it very interesting. I don't mind if he wins all races the coming 4 years. Although it would be nice to see Rossi win too :)

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
The way Marquez is riding makes it not boring at all. For me it's a bit like Ayrton Senna in F1. It's also his style that makes it very interesting. I don't mind if he wins all races the coming 4 years. Although it would be nice to see Rossi win too :)
Greatness.

And watching Pedrosa have to pout is just a bonus. The Yami riders can duke it out for plenty of podiums. Ducati still won't have a competitive bike.

Rossi will get his, but that won't include a championship. He has a few already, though. He makes the sport better just by being there, though haters will disagree with me.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
This one could be a bit more tricky, at least for second place Kevin. Marc has already proved he can ride on wasted tyres, we know Jorge and Danny can't, Rossi can if his front stays okay. If it's as hot as yesterday, I predict Marc-Rossi and the rest.
Hey Dons i think you should go play the lottery and thank me later lol

I was so right, great to see Rossi smiling again.
Seeing Rossi smiling is a good thing, when i was in texas for the races i met a few of the guys(lorenzo, marquez, Rossi, Hayden, Crutchlow, Espargaro, Pedrosa and a few moto3 guys including mini marquez Alex) and lets just say Rossi was not having a good weeking he was being :errr: a nice way of putting it is not being very fan friendly. Pedrosa not only i seen him at the track but at the airport as well. he wont even say hi with an angry face all the time. got to exchange a few words with some of them they were cool. Marquez is very fan friendly and very humble. Rossi tried to have a smile on his face but you could tell it was a very fake smile even while having the most fans in the paddock. sorry guys for the :blah::blah: Anyways Dons what the prediction for the next race you wizard?

PS Dons doesnt read hands he reads tires lol:jsm:

·
King of Bling
9,817 Posts

Dons... You got luck there mate:).. Bet you can't do two in a row !

Unlike most, I don't pull for underdogs and parity. I love to see a consumate skill crush all competition, if such exists.

With Marquez, it exists. Everyone else is racing for second. But I'm in the minority. Most want a NASCAR scenario, with three-wide nose-to-nose coming off the last turn of the last lap for the final finish line sprint.

I love it that Marquez can literally run away and hide from the other best riders in the sport. I can even say the H-word now because of him.:)
I love the way Marquez rides on the ragged edge and like seeing him using all the electronics aids to the limit..

I kind of understand what you are saying, but apart from Marquez, his family and friends, his whole pit team ( apart from Danny), the thousands of Marquez fans and of course Honda themselves wanting Marquez to be all conquering and crushing the competition like beetles, I think the majority of Moto GP fans want to be thoroughly entertained.. :laughing:

I’m not says it’s a bad thing to see Marquez doing his funky stuff, but I want to see the other competition putting him under pressure and making him battle for his wins..

At the end of the day is a motor race and I what to see exactly that and not a total domination by one individual or manufacturer.

It was great to see Rossi in front of Jorge for a change and Assen is coming up soon, where Rossi is quick..

Hey Eee... That’s my analogy between Marquez and Senna :).. They’re both naturally gifted, but that’s where the comparison ends..

Senna always had to fight for his world titles and never had the best car in the field.. I think one of his world titles he won it by just one point at the last race of the series.

I don’t think Marquez see’s Danny as a serious threat and the Honda is the best bike in Moto GP by a country mile..

1 - 20 of 42 Posts