MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys

Focused Events are doing Jerez next year .. 3 days on track , includ flight/hotel/bike transport £625..

Open pit, Steve Plater etc will be there .. warm/sunny .... ;-)

http://www.focusedevents.com/jerez.asp

I'm defo going.. give the F4 a clear out !!!

get booking .. the places will go VERY quickly

·
Registered
419 Posts
Spud said:
Guys

Focused Events are doing Jerez next year .. 3 days on track , includ flight/hotel/bike transport £625..

Open pit, Steve Plater etc will be there .. warm/sunny .... ;-)

http://www.focusedevents.com/jerez.asp

I'm defo going.. give the F4 a clear out !!!

get booking .. the places will go VERY quickly
Hey Spud, I've been gagging to do one of these European trackdays all year but always something has come up with work and I've not been able to go. I've been so frustrated about it that I'm determined that next year will be the year! Hopefully I'll see you there.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TakisM said:
Hey Spud, I've been gagging to do one of these European trackdays all year but always something has come up with work and I've not been able to go. I've been so frustrated about it that I'm determined that next year will be the year! Hopefully I'll see you there.

I'm trying to find out if FE will have tyre changing equipment fo the MV rear wheel..

But i can't wait .. ;-)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Spud mate, I have all the necessary equipment so if I end up going no need for you to worry, you can use my gear. Only problem is that due to work and family committments I probably won't know until the week before the event if I am definately going or not. I will be booking it up in the next few days so that I have my slot booked but that won't mean that I will definately be going. In mean time will keep in touch through this forum. If you're interested in buying a rear wheel socket I picked one up from Casoli (I can't remember but I think it was around £50.).

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TakisM said:
Spud mate, I have all the necessary equipment so if I end up going no need for you to worry, you can use my gear. Only problem is that due to work and family committments I probably won't know until the week before the event if I am definately going or not. I will be booking it up in the next few days so that I have my slot booked but that won't mean that I will definately be going. In mean time will keep in touch through this forum. If you're interested in buying a rear wheel socket I picked one up from Casoli (I can't remember but I think it was around £50.).
Good to hear dude..!!! i have a few buddies going , but would be great to have a few MV buddies also ;-)

keep me posted .. i have rear sprocket socket thanks.. just starting to config. bike for t/d - clubracing.. have bodywork.. trying to get info from e-moto on race bits .. cheap pegs/clips etc..

·
Registered
419 Posts
The only problem I ever had at a trackday with tyre changes was last year (at Snetterton) when the tyre guy couldn't balance the front wheel because of the extra large diameter spindle that the F4's have. He didn't have the large cone brackets to hold the wheel in place and he was using a manual balancer. I've since been using Paul Robson (On Two Wheels) who supports MSV (MotorSport Vision) trackday guys and also comes out to whereever you have your bike in his van and is fully geared up with the proper kit to specifically handle MV's (plus he's a top bloke).
If you do need to change tyres whilst out there make sure they are able to balance the wheels properly.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TakisM said:
The only problem I ever had at a trackday with tyre changes was last year (at Snetterton) when the tyre guy couldn't balance the front wheel because of the extra large diameter spindle that the F4's have. He didn't have the large cone brackets to hold the wheel in place and he was using a manual balancer. I've since been using Paul Robson (On Two Wheels) who supports MSV (MotorSport Vision) trackday guys and also comes out to whereever you have your bike in his van and is fully geared up with the proper kit to specifically handle MV's (plus he's a top bloke).
If you do need to change tyres whilst out there make sure they are able to balance the wheels properly.
true dude.. i will have a fresh pair of S/C's on , but maybe a 180 rear .. and will take a extra rear as its only 3 days on track.. not to sure what Jerez is like on tyres though.. and have asked kevin at F/E to make sure they have the mandrells for the MV.
Just need to get some decent front pads.. and thinking of getting the front re-valved .. but trying to find out whos' the best mct or k-te

ch with the MV ..??

·
Registered
419 Posts
I've not been to Jerez but I know some guys that have. I'll have a chat with them and let you know. I also run SC's (SC1 front and SC2 rear) and love these tyres to bits (as you may know from reading my comments on some other threads).
I bought some EBC HH sintered pads for this year but because of work/family committments I ended up missing a number of trackdays (that I had already paid for) and never ended up fitting them. I have read really good things about these pads and bought them after some lengthy research (of course this was back in the summer so I don't know if anything has changed since). I will start servicing my bike starting this weekend and fitting some new bits (nothing major just things like pads, BMC air filter, fork protectors, etc.) in preparation for next season but I'll have to wait until early next year Jerez (hopefully) before I can run it properly.
mct vs K-Tec - I've heard good things about both. I finally made the decision earlier this year to book with K-Tec for suspension work but ended up being sent to work out of our Greek office for a few months so never got round to actually taking the bike in. Then when I returned to the UK got married in September so you can image no time and now no money. Will probably re-book with K-Tec for early next year to have my suspension seen to.
Well that's my two bits worth, hope it helps.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think with the MV thou being so new.. i'm uncertain of any backup info from k-tech or mct regarding the MV ..
I had the mille done by mct and found it perfect .. whole season .. didn't have to touch it .( weel maybe a bit of front comp for Pembrey hairpin !! ;-) so.. i'll call arounf later i think dude.. as for the ebc HH .. yep i'm good with them ..

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Hmmm.... interesting.
I still don't know if i can make it or not, but if i can at the time, i might join you guys in Jerez :)

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MV-999R said:
Hmmm.... interesting.
I still don't know if i can make it or not, but if i can at the time, i might join you guys in Jerez :)

Hope so dude.. me and TakisM are in the chat room if u want to join ..

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Spud said:
Hope so dude.. me and TakisM are in the chat room if u want to join ..
Opssss.... sorry i didn't saw this :friday:

But i'll keep this TD in mind and when the date is closer i'll see if i can go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts