MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yes, two riders were running some laps on what looked like a 1000r with FBF parts. They would run 6 to 10 laps then stop for adjustments then run 6 to 10 more. Laps times were in the expert class but no records were broken in the time I was watching. Had to walk thru the woods to view them running since it was "off Limits". I got to make some new friends with the local wild life. Bikes sounded great with the funky FBF pipes. Took some pic's and I'll see about posting them after I figure out how to work my new camera.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
1fastf4 said:
Yes, two riders were running some laps on what looked like a 1000r with FBF parts. They would run 6 to 10 laps then stop for adjustments then run 6 to 10 more. Laps times were in the expert class but no records were broken in the time I was watching. Had to walk thru the woods to view them running since it was "off Limits". I got to make some new friends with the local wild life. Bikes sounded great with the funky FBF pipes. Took some pic's and I'll see about posting them after I figure out how to work my new camera.
great info, thanks for posting.... a 007 in the USA.

looking forward to the pics!!

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Looks like there are 3 riders. One being Chuck Sorensen, another is a faster, former Suzuki rider (22 yrs of age) who did superstock/superbike with a private team this year? Any takers? Might have a W and Y in the name

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
admin said:
Looks like there are 3 riders. One being Chuck Sorensen, another is a faster, former Suzuki rider (22 yrs of age) who did superstock/superbike with a private team this year? Any takers? Might have a W and Y in the name
Cory West? Hmm... A gamble, but he's fast for sure... I guess we get to see if he's ready for the big time.

Chuck Sorensen makes sense I suppose, he's been racing an MV in AFM. He was a stupendous 250 racer (AMA champ), and wasn't super impressive in Superbike on the R1, but I don't think he ever had the chance to warm up to it either.

I think there are other riders would could do the business though. Jeremy Toye for instance. Give that dude a good bike and he's in the top 5 or better. What happened to Chaz Davies? He did a few races over here and I heard he's looking for a ride. A GP rider couldn't hurt.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Turns out it was Matt Lynn who is a guy who seems to have a good head on his shoulders. He's a fast rider for sure. I think it's impressive that he was able to break the track record and go 2 seconds faster than he's ever gone on that bike. Maybe he'll be able to match times done by Luca? Having knowledge of the bike is almost as good as having knowledge of the track... And Luca has better setup knowledge on that bike too, which saved him time and allowed him to learn the track quickly, probably.

It's interesting to note that on the outside the bikes look like superstock bikes, but there are claims of a superbike engine. I really would have thought that Ferracci would have thrown on Brembo radial calipers (just for the savings in levers alone!) but maybe Luca was used to the stock setup since that's what he had to race.

This could be the decision of a team leader that knows how to handle this properly? Leave the chassis alone, but just add some more power so the new rider in the new country can come up to speed quickly? Confidence works, as we saw in the last MotoGP race when Bayliss made it look like WSB.

Put a champion on a bike which is familiar to him and watch good things happen. Remember, Luca is the Italian superstock champion!

·
Registered
230 Posts
So now we know the truth !!

Thanks Luca, and congratulations on a great test in the USA. We look forward to seeing and supporting you in the future. :yo:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Oh, if it was really a Superstock bike, ohh... I can't tell you how happy I would be about that.

Luca, congratulations on the track record, and nice work!

(PS - ROCK!!!)

:)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Well done Luca! Was that done on WSB spec super corsas or the slicks?
The only funky FBF thing on the pipes,and most likely the bikes, are the stickers .That time was Luca!

Keep backing it in .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts