MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I recently had my car written off in the melbourne Christmas day hail, and so now I have to get another one.
I'm definatly wanting a 2007 alfa spider, but thinking practical here... Boo hoo
I'm liking the jeep patriot a newish one 2010- current
Anyone got one any thoughts
Stay clear or.......

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep sorry thanks mate

·
Registered
182 Posts
there is usually 1 rule about buying jeeps - DON'T
unless u r a jeep aficionado and don't mind fixing em all the time

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I would have to say if you like it go for it, but stay away from the CVT. (their auto)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey now, nothing wrong with jeeps. I plan on driving my '04 Rubicon forever, and with the bulletproof 4.0 I-6 it just might outlive me.

Can't speak to any of the jeeps with plastic bumpers...or jeeps with CVTs(!)

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Hey now, nothing wrong with jeeps. I plan on driving my '04 Rubicon forever, and with the bulletproof 4.0 I-6 it just might outlive me.

Can't speak to any of the jeeps with plastic bumpers...or jeeps with CVTs(!)
Exactly, because it's not really a Jeep, just Chrysler trying to compete with the CUV market, which you can't really knock them for as it's a very lucrative market, and still the fastest growing and most profitable in the US.

The CVT is just a little bit tacky to me personally, especially in a vehicle the size of the Patriot with a motor the size of the Patriot. Can you say NVH?:blah:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Do you realy want a ugly mexican built piece of shit. :jsm:

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Hi all
I recently had my car written off in the melbourne Christmas day hail, and so now I have to get another one.
I'm definatly wanting a 2007 alfa spider, but thinking practical here... Boo hoo
I'm liking the jeep patriot a newish one 2010- current
Anyone got one any thoughts
Stay clear or.......
Geez Rob,

Your car was written off as well? Bloody hell, it's not been a good 12 months or so you! At least you didn't or couldn't get hurt, not unless you were trying to lay on top of it as the hail pelted down on it. :eek:

Come on man, what can you do in Jeep Patriot that you can't do in Alfa Spyder? :laughing:

I saw an advert last night on TV - Jeep Patriots going for $25K on road brand new? That's cheap compared to what they used to cost.

Unfortunately, everyone needs at least one practical car - which kind of sux - good luck with your eventual choice. :)

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sorry for late reply
was in the gold coast doing the theme parks
thanks for the feedback
still unsure of what to get here argghhh

rob yep its been interesting this year to say the least

1 - 10 of 10 Posts