MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if it's just me.... I mean, I've dialled into this discussion site for a few months now, read most of the threads, awed over the expertise and expert commentary from members..... Am I right to conclude, from the type of threads posted, that a large number of members are suffering from some sort of technical fault from their machine, despite the fact that they are still near new? And most of these faults are occuring on 910's? I have a Brutale 750 and it's perfect! (or am I not looking hard enough for faults?). This begs the question - are Brute 750's more reliable than 910's? Is this what we call 'Italian character?' Comments anyone?.. :jerkoff:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Idubbs said:
I wonder if it's just me.... I mean, I've dialled into this discussion site for a few months now, read most of the threads, awed over the expertise and expert commentary from members..... Am I right to conclude, from the type of threads posted, that a large number of members are suffering from some sort of technical fault from their machine, despite the fact that they are still near new? And most of these faults are occuring on 910's? I have a Brutale 750 and it's perfect! (or am I not looking hard enough for faults?). This begs the question - are Brute 750's more reliable than 910's? Is this what we call 'Italian character?' Comments anyone?.. :jerkoff:
+1! :laughing:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
The internet breeds hysteria.

Yeah, and Spalding complains that the LACK of heated grips on his 910R makes his little hands cold on those blustery Florida mornings :freezing: ...oh yeah and his tender ears don't like the noise his OPEN exhaust makes...and his tushy HURTS from the seat....also he can't SEE at night from the POOR headlights.......... :violin:

Come to think about it, ALL the complaining comes from Spalding!!!! :stickpoke :laughing:

·
Registered
181 Posts
I dont find the 910 to be any less reliable or more problematic than the 750 at all.

....but, the 750 was more fun :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
No Problems

No problems with my 910R. Has 550 miles. Racing exhaust with new EPROM.

Great machine.
I was rolling away from a stop sign at about 15 MPH yesterday and opened it up. I expected the front wheel to come up. It came way up. Pretty cool!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Had a 750 sold with 2300Kms withou any problem.
Have a 910R with almost 6000kms without any problem also.
Have on 1000S with almost 12000kms without a problem but the fan that was changed under guarantee.
So I shall say Mv is pretty reliable. I am happy.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I have/had two issues:

1) Oil leak from valve cover post first service (*w/ valve clearence check). A replacement valve cover gasket was installed under warrenty. The problem was it took about a week and a half for my dealer to get the gasket.

2) At ~1200 miles my 910 has developed the stalling issue. Still unresolved.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Aside from my phantom turn signals (they work when they feel like it) the bike has performed flawlessly. I agree, there has been a lot of complaining on here about some really silly shit. I offer everyone a ride on my 95 S2 Buell or my uncles rigid frame Panhead chopper......all your complaints will disappear in a matter of seconds after riding those 2 dinosaurs.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've done about 15000km with no problems. :devilsmok

·
Registered
14 Posts
My 910R has given me no problems, And I changed the exhaust and chip myselve without ever having to balance throttle bodies. 470 miles on bike. Thank you Pro-Italia.

·
Registered
90 Posts
2000 miles, Stalling issue gone after dealer visit, anoying buzz from instument cluster, jerky low speed throttle response.

A very small price to pay for riding this bike.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Mine needs the PC and that's about it......

Oh and some bloody sunshine :stickpoke

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I'm nearing 10K miles.....with no issues. My stalling went away when I started beating the crap out of her....moral of the story? Ride her hard and get a better reward :p

·
Registered
11 Posts
airfuel said:
The internet breeds hysteria.
Yeah, and Spalding complains that the LACK of heated grips on his 910R makes his little hands cold on those blustery Florida mornings ...oh yeah and his tender ears don't like the noise his OPEN exhaust makes...and his tushy HURTS from the seat....also he can't SEE at night from the POOR headlights..........
Come to think about it, ALL the complaining comes from Spalding!!!!
:laughing::laughing:
And don't forget that his passenger SEAT faded, the grip DIAMETER is too SMALL, the bike wouldn't TURN OFF after he washed it, his EXHAUST smells like RAW gas...

·
Registered
74 Posts
I love mine and other than running hot in the AZ heat, and not being able to ride it in the cool winter due to my bad leg, and losing the pillion seat somewhere in the twisties, and air filter oil spilling everywhere, the only thing I need to get it back to the dealer for is the coolant pump, which they will cover under warranty at the next service. I think I have about 3200 miles on it.

I've had quirky problems with my other bikes, but nothing that keeps me from loving and riding them...except for the damned leg thing. Sometimes I just stand in my garage and stare at them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts