MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I made Jason (jchaplin4) on the forum some frame plates for his show winning Brutale 1078rr a while ago... http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47611
However he contacted me recently as he 'lost' them somehow and desperately need another set.
Here is the result...I've changed them slightly in that instead of making the central 7 square spoked wheel (a nod to his carbon fiber BST's) a one piece....I've made it two piece so I could get more definition in the 'hub area.
Anyway here are some photos as usual as to how I got on during the process....cause I know you like 'pics'
Oh and I also involved one of my little lathes to cut the spokes. And 'test fitted' them in my own bike to ensure they were perfect.
Brian:)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some more

OK some more photos..:)

Attachments

·
Registered
606 Posts
Holy shit :jsm: !!

How many hours did you spent????

We have CNC lathes & mills in the company and I can only admire you doing all that by hand. Chapeau!!

You're one of the old good guys - the young ones only can do CNC......

Jochen

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
Amazing! What a craftmanship! Respect!!

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys....,yeah Jochen...all by hand. I always make everything by hand........ What's a CNC??:laughing:
Brian:)

·
Registered
871 Posts
Locktite is my new best friend. Thanks for bailing me out. Oddly enough this will be right before another show if they get here by Moto GP. :)
Still my favorite piece on the bike. I was gutted when I looked down and they weren't there. :(

·
Registered
871 Posts
I'm expecting a new baby in Feb. Want to be the Godfather? Love them.

·
Administrator
20,360 Posts
Truly a thing of beauty....respect for the artisan!! Hope I will see this in person at the Indy GP

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Truly a thing of beauty....respect for the artisan!! Hope I will see this in person at the Indy GP
Cheers Ed...you'll see them for sure a Indy...if Jason hasn't lost them again:laughing:
Oh and if you are puzzled by the photo of the 'calculator'?..., it shows the number of degrees each time you have to move the 'rotary table' to get the 7 spokes evenly spaced for the drilling process.
Brian:).

·
Registered
121 Posts
Cheers Ed...you'll see them for sure a Indy...if Jason hasn't lost them again:laughing:
Oh and if you are puzzled by the photo of the 'calculator'?..., it shows the number of degrees each time you have to move the 'rotary table' to get the 7 spokes evenly spaced for the drilling process.
Brian:).

Brian you are truly putting the ART in the mvagusta brand. Mark

·
Registered
14,563 Posts
Holy shit :jsm: !!

How many hours did you spent????

We have CNC lathes & mills in the company and I can only admire you doing all that by hand. Chapeau!!

You're one of the old good guys - the young ones only can do CNC......

Jochen
Jochen;

look up a Brown & Sharp Omniversal milling machine

the ultimate milling machine

it's a horizontal machine with a head that rotates 360* in 2 axii

the XYZ table rotates in 2 axii, the table can be squewed in X

all table axii can be power fed, then add the powered dividing head

all the auxiliary drives/tooling probably weighs 2 tons

It takes a Master Machinist to run one, probably 5 people in the World

could USE one .......and I bet they are all 80+ years old too

sad.......because all those old guys used was Machinery's Handbook, a

slipstick and a pencil and paper