MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all

Have just purchased a 2010 1078RR Brutale sight unseen
Looks nice enough in the pictures so hopefully won’t disappoint when it turns up

I’ve read through the threads on the B4 and would appreciate any input on the following (probably should have asked these before buying the bike)

I’m 6 foot with 32 inch inseam – I get the impression the 1090 is slightly roomier but no real issues with the 1078?
My question is with the addition of rear sets (was thing Rizoma?) what does this actually do?
Apologies for my ignorance in these matters but have never needed them on previous bikes so zero experience
Do they effectively move your knees back from the tank c 35mm ?
Does this mean your knees are more bent ?
When buying rears sets does the kit come with linkages etc or do you use the original levers?
Seem to see some pics of simply two plates for sale and others with footrest , linkages the full works

Mirrors -was going to buy Rizoma Veloce L (without indicators) after seeing pic of Chucks 1090 with them on ?

Will send the bike up to Chris at X-bikes to give it the once over

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated
If it’s half as much fun as the TV then I’ll be a happy man

Thanks for reading
al

·
Super Moderator
22,505 Posts
The 1090RR and the 1078 are essentially the same bike.

·
Administrator
20,104 Posts
Most rear set kits allow you foot peg location adjustability to suit your personal needs. some more range of adjustment than others.

Even moving pegs only an inch or so down, back or whatever makes a big difference in your rider triangle and therefore comfort.

Back in the day of "standard" bikes, rear sets moved the feet back and up for ground clearance and a tucked in racer crouch, hence to common term today of "rear sets". They should be called "adjustable foot rests" to be a more accurate term.

Some come with linkages, some use existing. Those that have the largest range of adjustability over stock position usually come with linkages and levers.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the clarification.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Welcome to the club.
You will find that you have more knee bend on the standard Brutale, compared to the TV, and most other naked bikes. The std pegs are adjustable, as are the actual levers. Try before changing, as you might find they work OK for you.
One other possible alternative to consider might be getting the seat pad built up to get some more leg room.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Have just purchased a 2010 1078RR Brutale sight unseen
I’m 6 foot with 32 inch inseam – I get the impression the 1090 is slightly roomier but no real issues with the 1078?
Congrats.. you'll love riding the bike.. i also just got my 2009 1078rr about 5mths now.. i'm 6'1" and it fits fine for me, its more an upright riding position but exactly what i want.. i actually bought some china rearset to adjust, but its actually not needed, works fine with the stock rearset.. personal preference i guess.. have fun :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks
Having ridden it a few times now I find it more comfortable than expected
Will investigate the rear set option but not a critical item now
Mirror change top of the list followed by a Microtec ECU

·
Registered
548 Posts
Congrats on the new bike :)

I have the Rizoma veloce mirrors with indicators, they are really good although do not completely get rid of the elbow view. I have added some additional 20mm spacers and longer screws to get them out a bit further, which is much better, although not perfect. They do look nicer than OE mirrors ...

I have 31.5" leg and can get just about enough adjustment on the OE adjustable rearset, but would like them a bit lower. Ive just ordered some Motocorse adapter plates which should add a wider range. I couldnt make my mind up on which rearsets to go for and with prices from a few hundred to near £1000 I figured I would try the cheap option first. I find the OE pegs quite slippery from new and upgraded to the MV Corse pegs which were a good upgrade for under £100, very grippy.

https://www.designcorse.com/products/motocorse-adaptor-plates

·
Administrator
20,104 Posts
I may be selling on my X-Bikes Microtec M232 if you would be interested. You would want to get with Chris about the maps for your bike.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Bogie
I'd be interested in your findings on the rearsets
Like you, i'd prefer to go lower than further back - was looking at exactly the same offering from design corse

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the offer -much appreciated
I've actually lined up a mictrotec unit yesterday from another 1078 that i'm told is what i need
Should arrive next week - will then get on to Chris as you say
Thanks again

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
As far as I know the 1078 was only made one year. 2009 so your bike is either a 1090 or it is a 2009. Inam sure someone will correct me if I am mistaken

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Had a double check of the VIN number and you are correct – adjusted accordingly
Thanks for picking this up

·
Registered
983 Posts
As far as I know the 1078 was only made one year. 2009 so your bike is either a 1090 or it is a 2009. Inam sure someone will correct me if I am mistaken
The B4 1078 was manufactured in 2008 and 2009. In the US, it was delivered in 2009 and 2010.

·
Registered
72 Posts
i'm 6'4" with a 35" inseam and I find the stock rearsets to be just fine with my knees still fitting under the tank "wings". I agree with the others that the stock pegs are made of teflon or some other nonstick material. My feet slid off constantly. I went with the Rizoma pegs and adapters for the stock rearsets and they are all good now.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts