MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to admit that its pretty miserable now the salt has been put down on the road and the bike is off the road...(not by choice - new rad & chain tensioner etc)....but the best bit is that I have got some time to research what I want to do next....and I've loads of time to do it!...and drink! :friday:

Checking through my account I haven't spent any money on my beaut since the spring (except tyres and fuel).....I just rode the bike right through the summer .

Now she deserves some tlc....so tomorrow I pick up a set of RG3s and race ECU...the link pipe is already to be fitted.....and I have still loads of time to spend more on her.....Should make the winter fly by don't you think??!! :freezing:

·
Registered
756 Posts
Good way to pass the time. But not bad yet on the East Coast. Gerbings keep me going year round...I've had no problems powering the jacket and gloves.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
You will love the sound of the midpipe and the RG3s.

It snowed here today. Not enough to plow, just enough for the town to send out the sanding trucks. Damn. So instead of a slushy mess, we have a brown slushy gritty mess.

CAG

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
as much as i get the bug to do winter 'upgrades', i've learned the opposite is better. upgrades to motor or systems should be done when you can do a before and after test. especially when you are doing more than one thing. i've seen more than one case of someone, including myself, doing a bunch of things over winter then having problems that they have to track thru in the spring. it's that much harder when changing mulitple components as you don't have an instant idea of what did what.

changing an exhaust or link pipe is no big deal, but it's just my 2 cents anyway based on my experience. springtime is upgrade time from me from now on unless it's cosmetic or something that doesn't affect bike operations. YMMV.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
fazer6 said:
Hmm...80F and partly cloudy--I feel sorry for you guys...
70 and sunny in bubbaville....:smoking:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ya know, won't be long here. I road last Saturday,was around 40 or so. We had rain last couple of days and I was praying it didn't snow. Last winter my riding season went into January before it snowed. I'm going out tomorrow after I peal 15 lbs of potatoes for the big gathering at the inlaws.It should be hi 50ies if the weather guys called it right. I can ride down to about 35 or so for a half hour. Sounds foolish I know. But I love to ride. Learned how to dress years ago when I had to road test something. I get real cranky once the sand and salt go down. No lost opportunities this late in the year.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
i just got back from a warm little 1 degree C ride. :freezing:

i hate winter.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sunshine is here too....well in the form of RG3s and ECU....beeeeaaaauuuutifull!!
Thanks Emoto!!
By the way, they were a bit unsure whats happening on the RG3 front now that MV Corse has closed except for R&D. They don't know when/if they will get the next lot...lucky I got mine now then....but what about my next purchase...gulp!??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts