MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know that most of you spend time on other motorcycle forums as well.
my favorite part of these others forums is the RIDE TALES.

let me give you some examples:

http://www.i-bmw.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92

http://www.k-bikes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22

http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56

so...
today is sunday
folks ride
or you rode yesterday... or last week
please post a story of your ride....
we want details
- the bike
- the ride itself
- the meal(s)
- pictures IF you took them

we are interested in your rides and riding.... not sure in what carbon fiber hugger you are considering purchasing

afterall..... we DID buy these MVs to ride them.... didn't we? :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Due to circumstances, as mentioned in the thread I opened earlier today, I wasn't able to ride today :jsm: :king: :later:

·
Registered
175 Posts
OK, Greg. I'll contribute. This is something I posted elsewhere after a memorable ride a couple of years ago when on holiday in San Diego. I've edited it slightly to omit references to certain people. Enjoy . . .

This past Monday, I had the best experience on my motorcycle (even better than the time when *** laid herself back on it with her legs spread out over the handlebars in front of me). I rode the back-country roads around Julian, and it was awesome! The roads were especially clean and dry after last week’s rain, and – being a Monday – there was absolutely no traffic. It's too bad we didn't do this on Thanksgiving. It went a little something like this:

I left my parents' house at 8:30am. They live about 7 minutes inland from the beach in San Diego, so there was still fog/marine layer so thick that I couldn't see more than 100ft in front of me. As I crested the mountain on Scripps Poway Parkway towards Ramona, I broke through the clouds and into the sunlight. I left the fog and the rat-race traffic behind (literally and figuratively) and proceeded carefully through Ramona, ever-mindful of the CHP and the local Sherrif's Dept.

After Ramona, the road turned into a two-lane snake that wandered through the valleys and fields of Santa Ysabel until it wound up the mountain to Julian. At Julian, I met up with *** and *** from the Forum, chatted a while, then bid them a good ride. Unfortunately, I could not go with them because I had to babysit a conference call with a client -- for 18 exciting minutes. Gotta keep the client happy, right?

Undeterred, I hopped back onto the bike and attempted to trace the route that *** described for me. I headed north from Julian on S2 to 78 east towards Banner. This section was technical, with twisties as tight as Palomar going downhill. After Banner, I hit open fields for a bit until I sliced through a mountain packed with boulders. It was like the opening scene from Torque: boulders on the right, cliff on the left -- and a blue lone ranger screaming through it, the sound of the R1's exhaust echoing off of the canyon walls. After breaching that mountain pass, I hit wide open desert as far as the eye could see. There was literally nothing around me but clear blue sky above, desert to my right and left, and a thin ribbon of highway that undulated over the earth's bumps and dips all the way to the horizon. Triple digit speeds were required, despite the signs that claimed "Speed Checked by Radar" and a little picture of an airplane. I checked my six, high noon, and all the way around for bandits. All clear. 160+ mph in the blink of an eye.

Based on the fuel I was carrying, I calculated my turnaround point and decided to loop around Borrego Springs rather than to proceed to Arizona. The loop-back was nice and tight, once again hugging a cliff. I returned to Julian near bingo fuel, tanked up, and headed southeast towards Cuyamaca before the engine temp could drop by more than a few degrees.

Rather than going all the way down to Cuyamaca, I took a detour onto Old Sunrise Highway. This was a very good decision. Sunrise Highway was nothing but 20 miles of fast curves and high-speed straights. To the left was the desert floor some 2,000 feet below, and to the right was the burnt Cleveland National Forest which is flourishing nicely now. It’s called Sunrise Highway for a reason: you feel like you’re riding on top of the world. I reached up with my gloved hand, scraped the sky, and gave God a high-five. Then I placed that same gloved hand back on the throttle, gave it a twist, and exorcised the devil within me with a monstrous scream. I’m sure that woke up Bambi and the rest of the forest creatures. Sunrise Highway went over Mt. Laguna and ended at I-8, at which point I turned around and did the whole thing in reverse back towards Julian.

After Julian, I proceeded home through the rat-race traffic and the fog that seems to cloud our lives, limiting our vision to what’s immediately before us. Everyone in their cages on the reverse commute from work to home looked at me and, I’m sure, wondered why I looked so out of place. Was it the bike? The one-piece leathers? Possibly. More likely, it was because I had the look of someone who had been somewhere to which they could not escape. That place was not Julian or Borrego or Mt. Laguna. That place was the edge of reason and the mundane, where passion is your fuel and the R1 is your rocket.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
419 Posts
spalding... you mentioned that your getting your R in two weeks. Where'd you get that info from and how reliable is it? The best info i could find was sometime in August but i've been told from Pro Italia that if i heard that then i wouldnt see the bike till atleast a month after. I've been waiting, without a bike, so i'm kinda getting antsy about getting bike.. and the weather in LA has been perfect.

Thx!

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
well
pro italia might be right
but.....
my word comes from ALEX BENNETT....
director of sales for Cagiva, NA
the MAIN man for the company in sales in the US
of course, he might be MISinformed from italy
but.... NO ONE IN THE US knows more than he about when they might come

he told me that cagiva wants all bikes IN THE HANDS OF THE DEALERS in the first week of august

obviously, with all this lying about the 2006 exhaust pieces.... i'm EXTREMELY skeptical
but.....
i can dream.... can't i... that maybe.... just maybe.... this time... someone at cagiva, is telling the truth

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
419 Posts
spalding12 said:
well
pro italia might be right
but.....
my word comes from ALEX BENNETT....
director of sales for Cagiva, NA
the MAIN man for the company in sales in the US
of course, he might be MISinformed from italy
but.... NO ONE IN THE US knows more than he about when they might come

he told me that cagiva wants all bikes IN THE HANDS OF THE DEALERS in the first week of august

obviously, with all this lying about the 2006 exhaust pieces.... i'm EXTREMELY skeptical
but.....
i can dream.... can't i... that maybe.... just maybe.... this time... someone at cagiva, na is telling the truth
I hope your contact is right. Thats the bike i'm waiting for. I started the R reservation list at PI. For it to be delivered according to Alex they would have to start shipping them next week which would mean that Cagiva na must have them stocked up right now. I can't wait!!! We can both dream.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 20 Posts