MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What started of as the need for a 55mm socket courtesy of Bartolim ended with carbon keyplate, barends, sliders, BMC airfilter, license plate refit, midpipe and rear hugger.
I must be nuts cause the Brute is really almost perfect as is. Mirrors being the only thing that could be improved and I have yet to find the answer for that. What's next frame plugs, lights, axle sliders, spark plugs, carbon engine covers, MV carpet, dust cover and the list goes on.
Does it ever end?
I know I am nuts as I even ordered the titanium blank key.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Relax and enjoy it. It is rare when a special bike comes along in your life. You know you really enjoy it all....

·
Registered
109 Posts
STOP!

It's not a healthy condition to have... :ahhh:

The only things I have ordered for my Brutale are Oggy Knobs, (sliders) and a headlight protector b/c I have heard they are expensive to replace!, (we have a lot of stone quarry trucks where I live that damage my cars no end)... oh... the only indulgence I have splurged on, (so far!!!.. oh no maybe it has started with me too!), is a Brutale jacket... oh oh... think I may be turning into on of the HD riders that have tassles and badges all over their leather jackets... what next?!?... suede... oooh :loser:

I agree with what u say though... we are attracted to the MV b/c it DOES look great, (the ride matches it looks too)... why mess with things sooo much... it ceases to be why u bought in the first place, IMO, doesn't it?... I feel safety/protection upgrades aren't a waste of money... perhaps add a few of those.

The mirrors are half useful... not great... but then the Italians wouldn't have the almost perfect reputation as bike builders without having to get some of the basics wrong now would they? :smoking: ... if it were built by the Japs it would be useful, reliable and nowhere near as good looking now would it?!?

What helped me go for a Brutale over a V-twin, (which is what I thought I wanted), was how much ppl on this forum loved riding their bikes and not how much bling they could add to it... when I test rode it for the first time, I got what u all meant!!!...

It's expensive enough without the mods... and some of us have wife's to please :stickpoke

Hang on... I think I am ranting on now :blah: ... time for ME to STOP :blah:

·
Registered
100 Posts
MVAli said:
What started of as the need for a 55mm socket courtesy of Bartolim ended with carbon keyplate, barends, sliders, BMC airfilter, license plate refit, midpipe and rear hugger.
I must be nuts cause the Brute is really almost perfect as is. Mirrors being the only thing that could be improved and I have yet to find the answer for that. What's next frame plugs, lights, axle sliders, spark plugs, carbon engine covers, MV carpet, dust cover and the list goes on.
Does it ever end?
No don't stop Keep getting more stuff!

When you go for the second round of upgrades you can sell me the stuff you are tired of. Of course I only offer this as a courtesy for a fellow Brutale owner.

·
Registered
23 Posts
MVAli said:
Does it ever end?
I know what you mean. I've only owned the bike for 5 days, and before I bought it I told myself I wouldn't do anything more than a fender eliminator - yet I've already ordered the fender eliminator, clear signals, the Arrow midpipe and a new helmet to match, and am eyeing various steering dampers, frame sliders and possibly an FBF EPROM... and don't even get me started when I look at all the other cool accessories and upgrades at eMotoUK. My wife doesn't know yet either. I think constant tinkering to make it a little better, neater, cooler to us is in our nature.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This is all too true! I bought my Brutale instead of a Duc S4RS because, among other reasons, I thought I'd save money on mods because the Brute is just perfect as is. But there is always room for improvement right? I figured a fender eliminator and I'd be all set. Well, that hasn't lasted long, because I ordered the frame slider and heavier barends too. And all the carbon fiber bits are just begging to be installed. I really want to get one of those Ti keys too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts