MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, not been around for a while, but still have the MV even though it's not done many miles in the past year or so ..... I took the MV ('05 F4 1000s) for it's MOT on Thursday. Wednesday evening it was running fine, but Thursday morning it had developed a mis-fire off tickover. I thought it might be stale fuel, but a tank-full of fresh has made no difference. Start it up and for second or so all seems ok, but after about 5-10 secs it develops a misfire from tickover to around 4k, after which it seems to clear and run quite happily.
The Eprom was modified by Adam (Merc 07) some time ago, thought the EBS was not omitted completely. The relay is still in its OE position.
So, do the symptoms sound like EBS relay? Is there a way of testing the EBS relay (seems to make no difference with it plugged in or not)? or do I go down the route of looking at plugs, injectors and coils and all that entails …...
All advice gratefully received (y)

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Sounds like the relay if it runs on 3 when plugged in or not..
Pop it over, I'll swap out the EPROM with the latest and remove the ebs relay..that will prove it either way..

·
Administrator
20,030 Posts
The relay can be tested with an ohmmeter and 12v power supply.... But getting rid of the system is a better option.
Besides opening the solenoid that introduces air into the intake tract, the relay also cuts power to #3 injector.

Reactions: MV-Moose

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Adam, if your moby numbers still the same you should have had a text, thanks (y)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts