MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, this has been on my mind for long. And I'm almost there to get me the next gen Brutale but definitely not the 2013 for the changes made, colors, wheels, exhausts etc or the 2012 for the cheesy colors (with due respect to 2012 owners). Not much difference between 2011 & 2012 except for paint and the radiator shrouds that get to look more like the smaller Brutale's. Now 2010 has 3 colors and in 2011 they added the red frame with grey/silver paint. I am sort of honed in on the Black/White followed by the Grey/Silver Red frame. Although the red frame looks a little tacky for some reason on the big Brute (at least in the photos) while the dark grey frame on the 2010 looks very understated and svelte. But black/white paint looks a touch Japanese on the tail section. Since I have a 1078RR in red/silver no fun in getting the same color for 1090. Now I know color choice is very personal but what do you suggest?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
405 Posts
Why go from a 1078 to a 1090, although the bikes are different are they different enough to make the change worthwhile? Have you ridden the 1090?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Very personal opinion regarding what colour schemes you like...

If we all liked the same colour scheme, then most of us would NOT have any bikes because the factory doesn't just make one colour and demand would be higher than supply.

In my opinion :naughty: , I think that the red frame, although it looks good, reminds me of the fact that it looks like a Ducati :stickpoke:wtf::jsm::)

I really like my frame / colour scheme, but that's my personal opinion.:smoking:

And if you don't like the colour scheme, there are plenty of paint shops that could change the colour for you.:drummer:

Attachments

·
Registered
514 Posts
Glenn, our bikes are exact dame MY, one thing I notice is how the red frame makes the tubing look a much wider diameter, mine looks "fat" while yours looks "slender"

·
Registered
194 Posts
I think the black or grey frame works best - highlights the red engine head better looking that little bit more special.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Guys, this has been on my mind for long. And I'm almost there to get me the next gen Brutale but definitely not the 2013 for the changes made, colors, wheels, exhausts etc or the 2012 for the cheesy colors (with due respect to 2012 owners). Not much difference between 2011 & 2012 except for paint and the radiator shrouds that get to look more like the smaller Brutale's. Now 2010 has 3 colors and in 2011 they added the red frame with grey/silver paint. I am sort of honed in on the Black/White followed by the Grey/Silver Red frame. Although the red frame looks a little tacky for some reason on the big Brute (at least in the photos) while the dark grey frame on the 2010 looks very understated and svelte. But black/white paint looks a touch Japanese on the tail section. Since I have a 1078RR in red/silver no fun in getting the same color for 1090. Now I know color choice is very personal but what do you suggest
Hi,i've got the white/black with the black frame,Pierre's has the bronze and Getec's the black, it changes the look of the bike more than you would think,i also think the late 2011 bikes have a different ECU programming, compared to the 2010 demo bikes i rode while making up my mind to buy, my bike from new has had a less abrupt pickup from closed throttle and has only improved as the K's have gone bye,the whole bike really and adding an Inox manifold has only improved it.Good Luck Steve

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why go from a 1078 to a 1090, although the bikes are different are they different enough to make the change worthwhile? Have you ridden the 1090?
No i havent ridden the 1090. I will be keeping the 1078 as its the original brutale and im nuts about it. I also like the 1090 for the improvements and I simply love the Brutale so two of em is healthy for the heart:yo:.

·
Registered
405 Posts
No i havent ridden the 1090. I will be keeping the 1078 as its the original brutale and im nuts about it. I also like the 1090 for the improvements and I simply love the Brutale so two of em is healthy for the heart:yo:.
Ah, understand now :)

·
Registered
514 Posts
OMG is that your's James ? I know you were doing changes but I must have been not keeping uo, Looks amazing :)

·
Registered
514 Posts
Sorry mate , I was away on holiday when that was posted. I knew you were making changes but did not expect so much. Looks amazing , great work .

·
Super Moderator
22,501 Posts
The original rutale was a 1078????? I don't think so....there were 750s and 920s and....before the 1078:smoking:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
The original rutale was a 1078????? I don't think so....there were 750s and 920s and....before the 1078:smoking:
I meant it in the context of its form, the design was unchanged since its the first 750. And I consider the 1078 the best of its era for the engine and top spec components until the next gen came up. So for its for this reason I believe it will end up a classic in about 15-20 years.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
here's what a special Brutale look likes with a bit work!!!!
Wow that's one heck of a bike. MV should take a cue from your paint scheme.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts