MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so who would be interested in a ride to Italy next year from the UK. I have got a few MV owners who are interested. Its a great journey, especially going through the Alp passes etc. Mont Blanc is breathtaking. I will also organise a van and driver so luggage can be placed onboard etc. We can visit the factory or other parts of north Italy.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have already given a little thought to making a factory visit next year - that is to say I have gone as far as printing out a map showing where the factory is, so I would be interested possibly. My work schedule is fixed for the whole of next year. With other holidays already planned I only have available late May and early September.

I don't know yet the MotoGP / World Superbike schedule but I would like to take in some race meeting on the way there or back.

For me the route would be by ferry from Edinburgh to Zeebrugge so it would be relatively easy to travel most of the way on the wrong side of the road.

I will watch with interest to see what develops.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
sounds cool.

I rode to Italy from London once while I was living there.... fun ride down there.

Just don't underestimate how BIG France is!! (i sorta did....)

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well if we can get a group of us together it should be good fun. It will certainly be interesting riding a sports bike all that way and back again. I will calculate the distance and time etc.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I think Italy would really be great fun. Its a bit of a slog on an F4, but should be fun.

·
Registered
130 Posts
nicensleazy said:
Yeah I think Italy would really be great fun. Its a bit of a slog on an F4, but should be fun.
I'd love to do this but I doubt that I'm physically capable (bad back). About 100 miles is all I can comfortably do on the MV, that's not much use on a foreign trip!

bc

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Yeah I wonder how much it costs to ship a Senna from Cali to UK....:confused: cuz that trip sounds amazing. And even more amazing after seeing some of the roads Europeans are privy to as shown in the first episode of this season's Top Gear!

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Come on, lets all make a special effort! No need to ship a bike, just hire one over here. The roads we will be travelling on are some of the very best in Europe. Mount Blanc pass is superb as you drop into north Italy. I use to live in Genova and know this area well! I have a contact at the MV Factory who I'm sure will lay on something special for us.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&saddr=calais&daddr=Varese+Varese,+Lombardy,+Italy&sll=54.162434,-3.647461&sspn=11.928463,29.619141&ie=UTF8&cd=1&z=6&om=1>

·
Registered
125 Posts
nicensleazy said:
Well if we can get a group of us together it should be good fun. It will certainly be interesting riding a sports bike all that way and back again. I will calculate the distance and time etc.
When I drove down to the alps 2 years ago we docked in Zebrugge at 9am ish and made it to Les Arcs by 9pm. That was with 2 stops of about 3/4 hour and another 2 stops of about 1/4 hour.

On the way back we aimed for the middle of france and found a random B&B to spend the night, leaving us with only half the journey the next day so we wouldn't miss the evening ferry. This worked out great even though we weren't sure where we would end up staying!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts