MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to tell the guys ,thank you, for the service that was done on my bike. Things went smooth and the shop was very helpful whit other questions.

·
Registered
415 Posts
they are my Moto Guzzi dealer...down the freeway from where I live...great shop and personnel and management

·
Registered
59 Posts
Normally I have a great experience at this dealer but today not so great. Three weeks ago, I took my motorcycle in to get diagnosed for the fuel leak I was having. I called MV Agusta USA to ask them a few questions about the issue as it could possibly be a new tank and approximately how long it would take to get parts in. I went in today to look at some gear and I was told that the mechanic was quite angry with me for calling MV Agusta USA and that I should probably leave before he sees me.

EDIT: I forgot to add that the diagnosis was removing the fuel cap and re-installing it and being told nothing was wrong. When they brought it back out to the front it started leaking and all they said it was the fuel cap. I felt that the diagnosis was insufficient especially as I had paid for it.

·
Registered
415 Posts
htx,

Oh man, good luck-- where is it leaking? Sorry to hear about ruffled feathers. Hope you can work this out smoothly.

·
Registered
415 Posts
htx,

By any chance are you filling your tank to brim, then leaving it in hot Houston, TX sun? My Guzzi small blocks, both of them, will leak if I do this. Learned to never totally fill tank, and avoid the direct sun in summer, if at all possible.

Hope it works out. Still hope to meet you sometime soon.

·
Registered
59 Posts
It happens regardless of the fuel level on the bike, as long as the engine has been running for awhile. To prevent leaking after a ride, I leave the fuel cap open. We can still meet up any time, for safety reasons I am minimizing my time on the Brutale and using the Guzzi.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts