MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 05 1000 was written off by the assessor yesterday. :(

So ends the affair with one of the greatest bikes I've ever ridden... No idea what I am going to replace it with yet, it won't be another MV though - it wouldn't be the same. Very sad day for me, it's like losing a child. :bawling:

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Chino,I'm so sorry to hear that. Don't make any rash decisions; you may be very disappointed by replacing it with something other than an MV!

Good luck!

·
Registered
673 Posts
I can say with utmost certainty that if my f41000 was written off today, I would be picking up a 1000R tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
khfx said:
IT AIN"T A CHILD.....

It's a motorcycle, a piece of machinery....... AND they have built MORE.
Not to mention a better one. The R's out. It's not like you're getting the exact same bike.

Or maybe you'd be happy with the 2007 GSXR? :stickpoke ;)

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
chino said:
My 05 1000 was written off by the assessor yesterday. :(

So ends the affair with one of the greatest bikes I've ever ridden... No idea what I am going to replace it with yet, it won't be another MV though - it wouldn't be the same. Very sad day for me, it's like losing a child. :bawling:
well...
i'm sorry things have worked out this way
time to buy another bike
whatever seems right to you
afterall.... it is YOUR money

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Good to see that you're okay. What happened?

I'm guessing that you're thinking of going to the dark side...999 or tempted by the new 1098 on the horizan.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
khfx said:
IT AIN"T A CHILD.....

It's a motorcycle, a piece of machinery....... AND they have built MORE.
True on all accounts, but this bike was flawless in presentation... the hours that I spent detailing the whole bike... and it had nearly 12,000 road km's on it. There is a real attachment to the bike (yeah, I know - grow up chino). :D

Allan Gibbs said:
Or maybe you'd be happy with the 2007 GSXR? :stickpoke ;)
:jsm: Ever ridden one?? After the MV it's like sitting on a lounge chair pushing the flat front tyre through sand - horrible. Engine is good though...

Rockethouse said:
Good to see that you're okay. What happened?

I'm guessing that you're thinking of going to the dark side...999 or tempted by the new 1098 on the horizan.
Lost the front in a corner, bike slid backwards into an embankment, collecting a hefty looking wooden post in the way. I hit the deck (full kit on), but I'm fine apart from flaring up an old shoulder problem.

Replacement wise the list is another F4 1000 (maybe), a 998s (there is a brand new one available in Australia), a 999s monoposto or a Triumph Daytona 675 (better than I thought they would be). Basically it's going to come down to who offers the best deal, I'd take anyone and be just as happy.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Not so sure about the 998 great bike with a but...the other two are great bikes even though I haven't yet taken up an offer to ride the 675 yet. Maybe you should ask yourself this....will these other bikes inspire you to put in those hours of detailing? :stickpoke :laughing: :popcorn:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Chino, sorry to hear about your bike, and I live in the same state as you and never got to see it :banghead: Good luck in getting your new bike.

Missy

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Sorry to read about your bike.So maybe you will now have a chance to bring to life a new MV.The same way with the other.It would have been nice to go to the ducati rally in Nossa.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Get another MV mate :smoking:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Chino sorry to hear about the f4, know how gutting it is, i watched my wife bounce off a crash barrier this summer broken ribs that sort of thing the new brutale cheered her up though, at least your not hurt, get a new mv and put a smile back on your face.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts