MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People,

It would be appreciated if someone could give me some guidance on the options available If I wanted to go to next years TT for a few days.

I would not be going on my bike or in a car. It would be me and the worst half and we would only want to be there for a few days. I would like to see the senior TT and would like to have a grandstand seat for one of the days. A grandstand seat by the pits would be excellent.

I will be going from the London area so thoughts on either flights or by boat and car would be appreciated.

Cheers

Sub

·
Registered
461 Posts
Sub

Good luck, you biggest problem will be to find accommodation whilst you are there, as it is always at a premium.

When I lived there we did, what I seem to recall was called the 'Homestay' scheme where the residents open up their houses to visitors during the fortnight, and will probably be you best option as most hotels or guesthouses will be booked by now.

Most 'Homestay's' though will probably be looking to fill the rooms for a week or more rather than just a few days. Check out the IoM tourism website for any remaining availability.

Travelling there, your best bet (other than to take your bike!) will be to fly, but you will need to take a taxi to Douglas or wherever you find accommodation and probably hiring a car will be easier for getting around whilst you are there. Just remember to say hello to the fairies on your way in to Douglas!

Dave

·
Registered
267 Posts
Fly in and use homestay, plenty of transport, buses and taxis into Douglas. Its not too big to walk around and the grandstand is there too. Blackpool Airport did have free parking and plenty of daily flights, oh and book the good weather too!:lightning

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I used Homestay a couple of years back, last time I went; there was loads of choice and I had an excellent time, the owner made a big effort for us.

I did book early though - there was a guy sleeping in the conservatory and a couple in a tent in the garden when we arrived.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts