MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Packing my rucksack, then to check and clean the bike for my trip to Liverpool and onwards to the IOM TT2013........just hope it stops raining and dries off before this evening :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
We had a great time in the IOM, it was a wonderfull chance to catch up with Ade, Lorraine and a few Parrots as well!! Ade spent a lot of time with us showing us all the local haunts, a true Gent Thanks Ade.

for those watching Ade's Kawasaki build it really is the nicest example I have ever seen, spot on with the refinishing everywhere and certainly not 'over done' as so many are

This trip was a competition win that my wife entered with Arai, the trip around the closed circuit just before the second practise with the Circuit inspection crew was certainly a once in a lifetime experience :jsm:

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
I rode up the M6 from Cov to Blackpool yesterday....It was wet..very,very wet. I had gortex everywhere and managed to stay comfortable but it is so difficult to see through a misted up visor...Kept telling myself..keep distance..keep off the brakes ; )
Today it is sunny and I have no desire whatsoever to ride a motorcycle..Tomorrow The Lake district ...So my weather is your weather..Lets pray for sunshine on the IOM and in the Northwest of England :)

joe

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Met up with Mike and Steve (mikef4uk and Stephen Wood) Couple of really nice chaps.

I took them to the wall at Rhen Cullen 2 for the first nights practice on Saturday evening. Weather has returned to normal today as its pissing down. Hopefully the rain will stop later so we can go to Ballacry for this evenings practices.

:smoking:​
Which is Mike and which is Woodster?

·
Registered
245 Posts
A swig of that bottle of Carlsberg would reach parts you don't realize you have !

Cool Pixs,, Wish I was there, maybe next year?

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Ade, I always look forward to you IOM thread.
However, this year as I read post number 7 I'm reminded of the risk that these men and women are taking when they enter this event.
They are the bravest people.

RIP Yoshi.
Colin must be devastated.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Yeah I've been going to 'real road races' since I was a schoolboy and the number of times I've attended when 'tragedy' has visited ...I've lost count.
As the author and photographer at the road races Stephen Davidson puts it......''A Beautiful Danger''.
RIP Yoshi.
Brian.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Hmmmmm...how come you always seem to have a drink in your hand, Ade?

Purely for medicinal purposes, I presume! :laughing:

Wishing everyone a safe week on "The Island"

R.I.P Yoshi.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Ade, I always look forward to you IOM thread.
However, this year as I read post number 7 I'm reminded of the risk that these men and women are taking when they enter this event.
They are the bravest people.

RIP Yoshi.
Colin must be devastated.
Another rider in practise the other night (cut and paste) It brings it home that behind what is a truly amazing event and spectacle it also has a darker side

Dutch rider Branko Srdanov is in a serious condition following a heavy crash at Black Dub during practice on Friday night. The Ice Valley BMW Superstock rider was initially taken to Nobles Hospital on the Isle of Man before being transferred to the UK mainland late on Friday night.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Hey Mike , can you please keep an eye out and report back on how well the Norton in the 1000cc does in the TT class? thank You Jake

ps: Mike check out the brakes on the Norton .They use ISR 6 piston calipers. Phenominal feel, great power 400-425$(each) and comparable to Brembos costing 3000$ (each). And I have nothing against Brembo they make a quality product .

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
WOW!! TALK ABOUT SERVICE.( THANKS MIKE! I am not a fan of the Norton brand myself but the TT racer is a beautiful bike . Has the rain stopped teams from racing ?

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Awesome superbike race!.....result was as I suspected a couple of weeks ago in my NW 200 and Tandragee 100 threads.
This guy.., Michael Dunlop., IS the 'Real Deal'!!, and the future.... make no mistake about it!.
Brian.

Oh., and beautiful tribute from John McGuinness to have his bike and helmet liveried to resemble Joey Dunlop's SP1 and wear 'Joey' leathers.
John is a class act ., a true 'Joey' fan and a real gentleman.
http://www.cyclenews.com/207/21718/Racing-Article/Dunlop-Wins-Superbike-TT.aspx

·
Registered
716 Posts
Awesome superbike race!.....result was as I suspected a couple of weeks ago in my NW 200 and Tandragee 100 threads.
This guy.., Michael Dunlop., IS the 'Real Deal'!!, and the future.... make no mistake about it!.
Brian.

Oh., and beautiful tribute from John McGuinness to have his bike and helmet liveried to resemble Joey Dunlop's SP1 and wear 'Joey' leathers.
John is a class act ., a true 'Joey' fan and a real gentleman.
http://www.cyclenews.com/207/21718/Racing-Article/Dunlop-Wins-Superbike-TT.aspx
A great race. Michael rode a stunning race. Hats off to the lot of them. Great stuff.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts