MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Administrator
19,814 Posts
Will see you there, I hope, thanks to a generous offer of friendship from the resident fast MV riders there.

Thinking I should ship riding gear over ahead of time. Leathers appropriate (not race...just street suit)? Or would Kevlar Jeans and Alpinstar armored textile be better? and rain suit is mandatory from what I have heard.

I am really getting excited as this draws near.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi Ed

I would not bother shipping them ahead I have just been away to Spain and with a light good sized sportsbag with my leathers + clothes it was under 20 kilos.
If you send ahead it will just cost you more dosh which means less money to spend on beer.

If you have not got one buy a helmet bag and use that as your carry on.Bring a waterproof rain suite if you have one the last 3 TTs have been sunny and if it rains much we won't go out that much.

Bring leathers

We will be in the bar with Ade buying.

Bam

Fast Jimmy

·
Registered
137 Posts
By the way big group dinner 5th of June 9pm at Bordello restaurant in Douglas. ( Bordello means whorehouse I am told )

Should be a good night . Ric change your return if you can

Slammin

Fast Jimmy

·
Administrator
19,814 Posts
All good advise...I'll do a practice packing with my sport bag. And I do have a good helmet bag, so........getting close.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
By the way big group dinner 5th of June 9pm at Bordello restaurant in Douglas. ( Bordello means whorehouse I am told )

Should be a good night . Ric change your return if you can

Slammin

Fast Jimmy
They have Bordellos there!! I thought just swinging! F me Im coming next year!

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
Hi Ed

I would not bother shipping them ahead I have just been away to Spain and with a light good sized sportsbag with my leathers + clothes it was under 20 kilos.
If you send ahead it will just cost you more dosh which means less money to spend on beer.

If you have not got one buy a helmet bag and use that as your carry on.Bring a waterproof rain suite if you have one the last 3 TTs have been sunny and if it rains much we won't go out that much.

Bring leathers

We will be in the bar with Ade buying.

Bam

Fast Jimmy

Bring leathers

I will be in the bar buying Ade lots of beer.(Fixed)

Bam

Fast Jimmy

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I'm there - arriving on the 3rd and going home on 12th. Bring it on!

Ade - you were talking about doing a pre-Bubba BBQ - when you looking to do it?

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
We have the Bordello party night in Douglas on Saturday 5th, so I'll liaise with FJ and see what he has to say.

What we are aiming for is a BBQ with some of the very best sausages you have ever seen and tasted in your life, FJ has the Ferrari of BBQ machines too.

Will keep you all posted

:mouthwate​

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Man it comes around fast! I was going to go this year but.....work and stuff intervenes, as usual.
next year, fingers crossed!
I can't go this year (and probably not next year either), but I would advise starting to make enquiries and arrangements within a week of this TT finishing. I assume you're flying in, so ferries are not so much of an issue, but it won't harm to start looking at accomodation already. :drummer:

·
Registered
137 Posts
With Ed being used to driving on completly the wrong side of the road should he be forced to use handle signals only.

There are even signs around the TT course for the Germans " Links Farren Bitter " I think thats how you spell it!!

FJ

·
Administrator
19,814 Posts
Ahhh Jimmy.....we drive on the RIGHT side of the road.

None-the-less, I've experienced driving in the UK, Bremuda, Australia and New Zealand....I'll just follow you and presume I will be safe (if i can keep up, that is).

·
Registered
137 Posts
Chr1s can you let me know if you want to come on the 5th it will be in Douglas 9pm we have arround 40 booked.I need to know how many of you and let me have your email addr so I can send you the menu.

W2Fast bragging again are we talking inches or cm!

FJ

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know it's a little early but was wondering if someone could help me plan a trip to the IOM.

My wife and I are planning a trip to Ireland in 2011 and I thought i would try to work it around so that I could spend one day watching the TT's.

I know that lodging is hard to come by so here is what I was thinking:

We're going to be in Dublin so i thought we would take an early morning flight to the IOM and then spend all day watching the races and fly back to Dublin at night.

Does this make sense? Would one day be enough or would it be a waste of time? Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
137 Posts
My advice would be to leave the wife in Dublin and come here for a week!!

If that means divorce then I would say you need to allow 2 days at least as what can happen if it is rainy then the race would be the next day.

Accomos wise don't worry if it is 2011 thats miles away yet and something can normally be sorted.Allso get a hire car sorted in good time but you don't need to do anything yet.

Alternativly if your wife is fit you stay in Dublin and send the wife! sorry to be flippent your welcome anytime just bell us nearer the time

FJ

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Chr1s can you let me know if you want to come on the 5th it will be in Douglas 9pm we have arround 40 booked.I need to know how many of you and let me have your email addr so I can send you the menu.

W2Fast bragging again are we talking inches or cm!

FJ
PM sent

1 - 20 of 109 Posts