MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi People

I bumped into an old friend at Silverstone a few months ago and he told me about one of his close friends was doing a new calendar for 2013 on the IOM theme.

He showed me a rough outline of what the calendar was going to look like and I thought it was pure creative genius.

Well all it took to create this TT calendar was a gorgeous blonde from up North, several tubs of Swarfega, umpteen gallons of diesel, and a creative journalist.

Who needs swanky Pirelli professionals when you have Manx farm animals and a stunning biker girl who’s up for a laugh.

All the props are genuine, kindly lent by Guy Martin, John McGuinness (in whose leathers the model was almost arrested), Ian Lougher, a farmer (who supplied the goose) and an eccentric Manxman. Even the jerry can in the Brandywell image has a history – it belongs to veteran TT racer Vin Duckett.

With the exception of Brandish Corner, which was foolishly shot at rush hour, all the pictures were taken at around 4am over a four-week period throughout the TT and Manx Grand Prix.

Quote: “It was bloody cold though on the Mountain at 4am though – you can see the goosebumps on the Windy Corner image (November)”.

An exhibition of calendar stills will be on at the Sayle Gallery on Harris Promenade from May 28 to June 8. The public launch starts at 7.30pm on Sunday June 3.

These calendars cost £14.99 Plus postage World Wide.

Please send me a PM or an email and I’ll give you full details on where to get hold of these calendars.

Alternatively, if anyone needs help and wants me to get hold of a one of these calendars and post it out, I don’t mind helping out.

It’s the least I can do for the creator of what I think is one of the best calendar ideas I’ve seen for a long time.

This would look cool hanging in your garages and might even give your wives or girl friend a giggle. You never know, this might be the impetuous for your partner to do their own calendar tribute. :naughty:

John

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,408 Posts
Brilliant !!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts