MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum. I am debating buying a Brutale. My dealer has a 2005 with 2600 miles in excellent condition. They had it listed for 9995 but said they would take 9500. The bike was 14000 new but Kelley Blue book only has it valued at 7200 retail. I love the bike but don't want to overpay. Personally I think 8500 would be fair price but I was looking for some input. Please help...:ahhh:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, that seems low. I'm new to MV's but I know Hondas. I know $4500 is a fair price for a 2005 CBR600RR.
Is an '05 Brutale really in the same ballpark as the Honda ? I have $10000 cash. What's the best Brutale I should be looking to get ?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Warranty?

An authorized MV dealer can include a factory warranty (not sure what length) on any sold MV, new or used. What warranty is your dealer including with the purchase price?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats a great question. I will find out tomorrow. You always pay more for bike through the dealer, may as well try to get the piece of mind of a warranty. Research is showing I should be getting more for that kind of money though. Found a 2007 910s with 2700 miles for $8750. May go check it out this week. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Thats a great question. I will find out tomorrow. You always pay more for bike through the dealer, may as well try to get the piece of mind of a warranty. Research is showing I should be getting more for that kind of money though. Found a 2007 910s with 2700 miles for $8750. May go check it out this week. Thanks.
I can tell you that the 910 is quite a step up from the 750, much more usable power.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
You missed out on a really clean 910R that CAG had a while back. How about an SPR that was listed for that kind of money a short time ago. Did you check out Fleabay? Or FbyF in PA.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know, I been looking hard everywhere I can think of. Ebay has a couple, most are pretty far so going to see them and getting them shipped will cost me another grand. I really want something super clean with low miles. There is a 2008 910s with 350 miles near me that is my best prospect right now. If anyone sees anything out there let me know I have 10k burning a hole in my pocket, haha. Thanks.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
You should not rule out higher mileage bikes. The most important issue is how they have been maintained.

I've seen bikes with 10,000 miles that are in better shape than bikes with 1,000 miles.

If you find a bike you are ready to make a deal on, ask a forum member who is local to the bike to check it out. I strongly suggest you limit this to something you have agreed to purchase, contingent upon it being as represented, and not something you are just interested in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Maintence is important, I agree but in my personal opinion a bike with very low miles is always a better bet when buying used. This is for two reasons : 1) unless you personally know the previous owner god knows what abuses the bike has endured through wheelies, burnouts and the like so fewer miles means less potential abuse and 2) all bikes have a lifespan that is diminished with every mile, wear and tear occurs no matter how you treat your machine. I know many people would say go for a clean 910R with 6k miles on the clock but for me I would rather just have a 910S with a fraction of the milage for the same money. I normally buy new so the history of the bike is never an issue so I'm just trying to find something thats as new as possible, that's all.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I've went for a 910S instead of a slightly more expensive 910R (saved about 15%) and i haven't regretted it. Probably because I have upgraded from a much much cheaper older Triumph. If you are in the same situation you will not be dissapointed with a 910S neither will you long for a 910R. The 910S is a seriously potent bit of kit. I sometimes wish i had saved up for a 1078RR Brutale, but never the 910R.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts