1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My personalised Suspension settings:
Front - preload 1/4 turn, compression 1/2 turn, rebound 1/4 turn sag 27mm
Rear - preload 0, compression 1/4 turn, rebound 0, sag 26mm

For the best part of my biking life I have been worried about long sweeping corners, i have tended to drift one way or the other as I found it difficult to commit to keeping the speed up. This bike is filling me full of confidence, it's nimble and light, and corners like its on rails - like Pedrosa is on board.

Low speed manoeuvers are easy (barring any low speed mapping issues).

I took it up to 10k and anything between 4 and 10k is a dream - and promises a whole lot more. The noise changes significantly at about 5k - its practically orgasmic!

Mapping: did 20 miles on the normal map and then switched to custom map, engine response set to slow and gas sensitivity (throttle) set to rain. Took a bit of time to get used to the slower, less sensitive throttle, I felt like I was wringing the neck of the bike, but what it did ensure was that at low speed/low revs there was less jittering. I think I am some way towards finding a subtle balance on the mapping.

Tomorrow: gas sensitivity still at rain, engine response set to fast.

This is definitely the start of a love affair ... :heart:

·
Registered
128 Posts

For the best part of my biking life I have been worried about long sweeping corners, i have tended to drift one way or the other as I found it difficult to commit to keeping the speed up. This bike is filling me full of confidence, it's nimble and light, and corners like its on rails - like Pedrosa is on board.

I took it up to 10k and anything between 4 and 10k is a dream - and promises a whole lot more. The noise changes significantly at about 5k - its practically orgasmic!

Mapping: did 20 miles on the normal map and then switched to custom map, engine response set to slow and gas sensitivity (throttle) set to rain. Took a bit of time to get used to the slower, less sensitive throttle, I felt like I was wringing the neck of the bike, but what it did ensure was that at low speed/low revs there was less jittering. I think I am some way towards finding a subtle balance on the mapping.

And following it from behind....what a great ass!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh come on - stop lowering the tone - I am trying to be serious here!:smoking:

·
Registered
1,791 Posts

Sounds pretty good.... :yo:

·
King of Bling
9,818 Posts
Glad to hear you've found a new love in your life..

Come on sun, where have you gone ?.. Bring back the warm weather..

It's not my fault this time, as my bike is still on SORT.. In previous years, as soon as I tax my bike the rain starts..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts