MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 1090rr ABS bike . I want to decat it . I don't like the amount of heat the cat puts out . At slow speeds I can smell the leather and rubber on my boots getting hot. I don't really care about race tuning it , I bought the bike to commute to work . I already have a race tuned ducati 1098s I dumped 12000 dollars in go fast parts and tuning a few years ago , If I think I want to ride a faster bike I will jump on it. I am just tired of my boots burning. I found this arrow pipe in the EV store .https://evolutionbike.it/mvagustastore/exhausts/brutale2010/arrow/71450mi.html Does it fit my bike . I plan to leave the stock cans on it . I took the gpr slip on off of my bike when I got it because it was too noisy for the long ride to work

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,348 Posts
Yes...that is the exhaust you are seeking.

You will not only lose the heat of the cat, you will lose the weight too !!

You may still need to get some tuning done, as the de-cat will alter fueling somewhat....but maybe not. Check with silentserice703 about his ECU guy in the NE.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am fairly sure I need to do something about the exhaust valve in the pipe too . Just not really sure what the best plan is on that . It's my understanding that there is no power commander for my bike and the microtec ecu is not 100 % compatible with the ABS bikes . I am not sure if someone can reprogram my ecu to not look for the exhaust valve or if I need a healtec exhaust servo eliminator .

·
Registered
282 Posts
You seem to be missing the exhaust heat shields on the exhaust that is there to protect your boots from the exhaust heat.

That exhaust looks horribly loud! Whew... haha

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,348 Posts
I am fairly sure I need to do something about the exhaust valve in the pipe too . Just not really sure what the best plan is on that . It's my understanding that there is no power commander for my bike and the microtec ecu is not 100 % compatible with the ABS bikes . I am not sure if someone can reprogram my ecu to not look for the exhaust valve or if I need a healtec exhaust servo eliminator .
You have an Eldor ECU. No Microtec or PC made for Eldor bikes....But ECU studio is !!!! Lot's of threads on that subject.

Yes. you will need to find a way to turn off the exhaust valve...

Reactions: falcn

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You seem to be missing the exhaust heat shields on the exhaust that is there to protect your boots from the exhaust heat.

That exhaust looks horribly loud! Whew... haha
Yes the GPR slip on is removed it was too loud . I put the stock cans on it the second day I had it . I guess I will sell the slip on some time .

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
You have an Eldor ECU. No Microtec or PC made for Eldor bikes....But ECU studio is !!!! Lot's of threads on that subject.

I was just on ecu studio's website , and it lists every other mv model supported other then the 1090, 1090r ,1090rr . Thats the kind of thing I keep running into with this bike , it doesn't seem to have much support . The nice part of a software solution for me is 2 of my friends own dyno's so the tuning part should go ok once we can get into the ecu.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts

You sure about the ECU ? I thought ALL 1090 had the 5SM ?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Its the 5SM on my 2015 1090RR

I have the healtec exhaust eliminator then just disconnect the cables etc for the valve and remove from bike.

Saves a load of weight and heat.

·
Administrator
20,348 Posts
Well...no I'm not anymore. I thought the ECU changed after 2012 like it did on the F4 models, but I haven't seen a parts catalog for any recent B4 models... now I see the 2013 shows 5SM.....so ????? :confused:

OK...Then Microtec does have a replacement for you !!! OR....I believe @silentservice703 has a tuner who has cracked the 5SM for tuning. Tell your dyno guys to reach out to him. :brutale:

Reactions: falcn

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yes the GPR slip on is removed it was too loud . I put the stock cans on it the second day I had it . I guess I will sell the slip on some time .
Yeah I feel you (and my CAT heat :) ) it does throw off some heat. I've thought about changing mine too, but that requires a new header and mid-pipe, and ECU or ECU tuning...Maybe next year.

The interesting topic going on in parallel here is the 910 header on 1090RR thread. A member is throwing a 910 header on his 1090RR and attempting to use a mid-pipe with the stock exhaust cans. I am waiting to hear the results. :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yeah I feel you (and my CAT heat :) ) it does throw off some heat. I've thought about changing mine too, but that requires a new header and mid-pipe, and ECU or ECU tuning...Maybe next year.

The interesting topic going on in parallel here is the 910 header on 1090RR thread. A member is throwing a 910 header on his 1090RR and attempting to use a mid-pipe with the stock exhaust cans. I am waiting to hear the results. :D

I am really wondering if I can just fatten up the ecu map by readjusting the tps sensor on my buddies dyno with the o2 sniffer in the pipe . the healtec and the pipe are now ordered , I will worry about the tune when I get there

·
Registered
14,562 Posts
?

Nope, I'm sending Tim stock 910 head pipes to go with an Arrow Thunder system on his track bike
The head pipes that were on the track bike aren't stock, but they fit over the counterbalancer bump
on the cases

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well...no I'm not anymore. I thought the ECU changed after 2012 like it did on the F4 models, but I haven't seen a parts catalog for any recent B4 models... now I see the 2013 shows 5SM.....so ????? :confused:

OK...Then Microtec does have a replacement for you !!! OR....I believe @silentservice703 has a tuner who has cracked the 5SM for tuning. Tell your dyno guys to reach out to him. :brutale:

So then is the microtec m226 the right ECU ???? What happens with the ABS ????

·
Registered
282 Posts
Nope, I'm sending Tim stock 910 head pipes to go with an Arrow Thunder system on his track bike
The head pipes that were on the track bike aren't stock, but they fit over the counterbalancer bump
on the cases
I wasn't referring to Tim. As Yoda said..... "There is another...." :D

·
Administrator
20,348 Posts
So then is the microtec m226 the right ECU ???? What happens with the ABS ????
The ABS system is it's own computer, contained in the ABS unit (pump)...at least on most bikes that don't also use an Inertial Measurement Unit for cornering ABS and such....

You should ask Chris at X-Bikes about Microtec.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Chris at X-bikes will tell you there is no Microtec solution if you have ABS :(

...so you have to look at other aftermarket solutions for mapping

1 - 17 of 17 Posts