MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I built this turbo powered 2008 910R in 2010-2012, and now it is for sale. My current intention is to sell it at the Mecum Las Vegas motorcycle auction in January, 2022. However, I want to enlist this forum to determine if I can claim at auction that 'this is the most powerful MV Agusta ever built'.

The following is the dyno results from this build, showing 220.82 rear wheel horsepower:

I'm aware of a turbo powered 750 Brutale, that was built in Australia, and is claimed to have achieved 200 horsepower. It is unclear if this is brake(engine) horsepower or rear wheel horsepower, as I have never seen a dyno chart.

To aid in this discussion, I would urge anyone who has knowledge of a more powerful MV Agusta to let us know. It is VERY important that any claims be substantiated with dyno results. Short of that, 'conversation is conversation'

Thanks for this help,
David

·
Registered
853 Posts
I would suggest it's all about marketing;
It's the most powerful MV Agusta ever re-built, available today.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you're only talking about motorcycles than perhaps you're right.

But I'm pretty sure the A109 or A129 have a lot more horsepower. :LOL:

·
Old Wing Nut
22,498 Posts
Hi Dave !!! Good luck with the sale. You did a great job building that animal !!

·
Registered
2015 MV Agusta Brutale 1090rr, 2014 Ducati Streetfighter 848
134 Posts
I saw this one at some dealer website, if I remember well it has 18/19k if not 20k mile and price of $19k

·
Old Wing Nut
22,498 Posts
I saw this one at some dealer website, if I remember well it has 18/19k if not 20k mile and price of $19k
Dave built this bike... I know of no other 910R Brutale with a turbo done at this level of expertise....if you saw one on a dealer website I doubt it was this one.

·
Registered
184 Posts
GL with the sale. Looks like it would be a fun flick of the wrist before I killed myself 😂
If you will be accompanying the bike in LV, hit me up for a drink.

·
Old Wing Nut
22,498 Posts
That is Dave's bike....he lives down there in S Florida,

Reactions: Nenad87s

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You are correct. The bike was listed for sale at Powersports of Palm Beach. I now have it back, and yes it is still for sale. As for mileage...it has 19,000+ miles on it with 18,000+ miles having the turbo installed. The build has been bulletproof using only pump gas of 91-93 octane.

Sure it's for sale, but "is this the most powerful MV Agusta ever built"?

Reactions: Nenad87s

·
Super Moderator
24,299 Posts
Folks, to get this back on track, the question at hand is: Is there another MV that produces more power? If so, what bike is it and can you provide the dyno sheets for definitive proof?
There are quite a few people on this forum who have experience in the racing world and in the exotic modification world, and Dave is looking for confirmation of a claim he would like to make.
This bike is one-of-a-kind and very well done and will make someone a great addition to their garage...but, the questions still stands.....

Reactions: EBBO and esq'z me

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay, it's been two weeks since my original post, twelve days since the last post, and nobody has provided an example of a more powerful MV Agusta. As of now I'm going to make the claim, at auction, that this is indeed the most powerful MV Agusta ever built.
Thank you for helping with this task, and if there is someone who knows this to not be true, please speak up.

·
Super Moderator
24,299 Posts
@EFLYER-1 - Hey Dave! I reached out to another member @wnehme to get his esteemed opinion. I was hoping he'd jump in.

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
Seems to me it’s an issue of semantics. MV did not build/design as it is. It’s a privately modified MV which seemingly is the most powerful at this point not as a production version but as a custom build. I think somehow that should be transparent as an excellent badge of achievement, which I can only imagine it truly is. It’s remarkable by its virtue of combined vision. With that it becomes an unique collectible.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Hi Dave
Sorry i dont get on here much but too answer your question of straight HP yes there is a bike with more HP

The WSBK that leon camier raced and Jordie Torres has somewhere between 225-228 HP.

I own one of them. But if yoir talking street legal road bike then im not sure if anyone else has done what you have.

My Claudio has somewhere of around 215. If i tinkered with it i could get 220HP.

The most Brutal bike in HP is the CC and its delivery but it has 200HP

I wouldnt be arguing if you stated most powerful MV modified for road use

My two cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hello EBBO, thank you for your kind remarks!

@wnehme, thank you for this information. However, I have a few questions about your data...
First, the 2008 910R that I modified had a factory claimed 139HP. However, using the same Dyno that produced the 220RWHP reading above, showed this stock 910R as having just 114RWHP or 18% less horsepower from the engine to the road.. So, the HP numbers that you quote above, are they Engine Brake Horsepower(BHP), or Rear wheel Horsepower(RWHP)? Historically, my experience has been that MV Agusta's HP claims have been Engine Brake Horsepower numbers, not RWHP claims.
Second, and finally, are there any supporting dyno graphs that certify that the conversations that lead to these numbers are rooted in fact?

If the numbers claimed above are indeed BHP numbers, then my turbo powered 910R could have between 245 BHP( using the 25HP loss as a stock bike added to the RWHP), to even 269BHP if you use the stock HP loss in percentage terms, ie. 220.82RWHP/82%. Of course this whole discussion is displacement independent.

This is a great discussion, but as of now I still believe that mine is the most powerful MV Agusta ever built.

As always, let's keep the discussion going forward...

ps: I wish Noel was still here...he'd be all over this debate!!

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
I can't find the dyno chart of an 1133 design corse with WSBK head, t showed about 220HP naturally asperated!. And how to compare dyno banks?
You can just push the boost of the turbo to alter top power

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Hello EBBO, thank you for your kind remarks!

@wnehme, thank you for this information. However, I have a few questions about your data...
First, the 2008 910R that I modified had a factory claimed 139HP. However, using the same Dyno that produced the 220RWHP reading above, showed this stock 910R as having just 114RWHP or 18% less horsepower from the engine to the road.. So, the HP numbers that you quote above, are they Engine Brake Horsepower(BHP), or Rear wheel Horsepower(RWHP)? Historically, my experience has been that MV Agusta's HP claims have been Engine Brake Horsepower numbers, not RWHP claims.
Second, and finally, are there any supporting dyno graphs that certify that the conversations that lead to these numbers are rooted in fact?

If the numbers claimed above are indeed BHP numbers, then my turbo powered 910R could have between 245 BHP( using the 25HP loss as a stock bike added to the RWHP), to even 269BHP if you use the stock HP loss in percentage terms, ie. 220.82RWHP/82%. Of course this whole discussion is displacement independent.

This is a great discussion, but as of now I still believe that mine is the most powerful MV Agusta ever built.

As always, let's keep the discussion going forward...

ps: I wish Noel was still here...he'd be all over this debate!!
Hi mate
The WSBK is at the rear wheel. I have the information somewhere i will have to dig it up. They were sent too me to confirm the bike was a true WSBK and that it is as they used it in the 2017 WSBK round at phillip island when they totalled the bike they used mine instead of fixing it. It had the third or sexond fastest top speed in the speed trap down the straight

Talking about dynos arent they all different? How can we compare? I wouldnt have any issues with your claim that its the most powerful road bike i did say that

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Sorry i forgot to add one thing i overlooked. The veltro pista was built 2006 it has 180hp and weighs 153kg power to weight ratio 1.0964hp /kg

We can also go by power to weight ratios also. This is the most pinnacle motorcyle in my view MV built with the tambo and CC.

·
Super Moderator
7,388 Posts
Well I'm not very good at mathematics but wouldn't a vehicle that has 180 hp while tipping the old scales at a featherweight 153 kg have 1.176 hp/kg? This is calculated by dividing hp by kg.
Using your example it seems that the power to weight ratio was calculated for a bike that develops around 168 hp and weighs 153 kg or a bike that weights 164 kg and makes 180 hp.
Is there something I'm missing?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts