MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all U.S members,

I was trawling through cycle trader as I think I may be a little closer to working out a way to buy and bring over a bike from the U.S, an I found this Senna.

http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2007-Mv-Agusta-Senna-101775301

$12,000 with 2600 miles. #168/300
Is this really the going rate for a Senna?
Others are being advertised for $18,000+
Or is there something wrong with this one?
Does any one know the History of his bike?

Thanks
Ash

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
You planning to send it in parts and then reassemble it locally?

Worth it if you can get your hands on a Tambo or the CC.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was one option. However Dave (The Castle) has mentioned details to me about N.Z possibly being a more cost effective way. So i'm looking in to this as a long term plan.
As much as the CC is an astonishing piece of machinery, one would have to drop considerably more before I could dream of getting my hands on one. I have always wanted to have the an Ago and of course the Tambo, but I think a Senna at the right price would be a great start to the collection.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh and while I'm dreaming a Bimota BD7 :mouthwate

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
No, that is not the going price. Proceed with caution. If it is legit, buy it immediately.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, that is not the going price. Proceed with caution. If it is legit, buy it immediately.
Thanks Carl,
I will do a little more hunting around on this one and email the owner for more info.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
988 Posts
Go the Brisbane one Ash :drummer:

At least you can regIster and ride it legally on the road. With the imported one, it would/could only be lounge room candy, or track only.

Or spare parts in a hurry for your 1078 :naughty: :stickpoke :laughing:

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Go the Brisbane one Ash :drummer:

At least you can regIster and ride it legally on the road. With the imported one, it would/could only be lounge room candy, or track only.

Or spare parts in a hurry for your 1078 :naughty: :stickpoke :laughing:
Hey Rob,
I'm still waiting on a bit more info to come back to me from the Gov't authorities regarding registering an import. But from what I have found out so far it shouldn't be too much of a problem since they were bought in to the country as Australian delivered vehicles when they were new, and essentially they are an F4 1000 on paper.
Ultimately its going to come down to what sort of hoops I have to jump through or can avoid, not to mention $$$.
The High Aussie dollar and some good deals in the U.S makes it look very attractive.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I tried this years ago with an 07 SENNA in the US. Sorry I wasted your time CAG......

After many phone calls, it was not worth doing yourself (mainly expense). Better off convincing an already RAW to add MV to his approved list of vehicles.....

But with the strength of our AU$.......and a possible cut in Gov red tape, I'm interested again :naughty:

Please let us know how you go ASH :popcorn:

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes I noticed MV isn't on the RAW/SEVS list....which is an issue. But while researching this on other forums as well. A few people have bought in motorcycles that were available (when new) in Australia and once here they have had in inspected and engineer certificate granted, applied for a VIN# and then able to be registered.
Still a lot more research to do.....

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Considering some of the crappy bikes that were riding around in Aussie last time I visited, it must be bloody frustrating to have to go to so much trouble to import such a beautiful bike. I mean, is your government's motivation for doing this safety related? Or are they protecting the local importer?
Needless red tape for no apparent reason, as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
The High Aussie dollar and some good deals in the U.S makes it look very attractive.

So Doggie, we can expect to see you at the 4th Bub in October, right?

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Considering some of the crappy bikes that were riding around in Aussie last time I visited, it must be bloody frustrating to have to go to so much trouble to import such a beautiful bike. I mean, is your government's motivation for doing this safety related? Or are they protecting the local importer?
Needless red tape for no apparent reason, as far as I can tell.
As far as I can tell its mainly to protect the local importer and also Local production (when it comes to cars).
You can basically import anything pre-1989 without a lot of issues but still get hit with the hefty duties/taxes. Anything after 1989 you need to get permission, and if its not already on a "special vehicles register", which MV's are not, then you are more than likely not able to get the import permission.
They do have some grey areas when it comes to limited editions and models that weren't available in Australia as factory delivered vehicles when first released.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So Doggie, we can expect to see you at the 4th Bub in October, right?
I would love to accept the invite and I will try my hardest Randy.
The dates have been blocked off my calendar. I just have to wait to see how the other trips this year go.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
you can bring any bike/car as a personal import. The catch is you need to own it for a minimum of 1 year and show documented proof of ownership.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
you can bring any bike/car as a personal import. The catch is you need to own it for a minimum of 1 year and show documented proof of ownership.
True, but not only proof of ownership. You need to also prove that you worked or lived there for a minimum of a year.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts