MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are my rotors supposed to move like this? I ride to work daily and there are lots of potholes and dead bodies on the way. I try to hit them all, at speed. Lately I've been hearing a clunking noise (getting worse) that I initially thought to be my steering head and or collar. Both are torqued to spec! The only abnormal movement (to me) I can get while holding, shaking, or rocking anything while holding varying parts of the bike (two people included and with front end in the air as well), is this radial rotor play. Thoughts? Muchas gracias.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UrF3etpE-E&feature=youtu.be

·
Premium Member
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Dons. Last weekends ride up to the mountains had me at an MV dealer so I had them check since I can't get the front end up. Sound is def in the front of the bike. I can feel it.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Phil, thanks. I know what floating rotors are. My 916 rotors sound like a can of nails when i roll it around. Lateral movement is expected on my stock mv rotors. I'm referring to the movement that is perpendicular to the axle, and at about 2-3mm worth. You can actually see the wear marks on the carrier.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Art,

Mine rotate about 0.5mm and I have to grasp the rotor with both hands and use my shoulders to get movement..Your's "look" a bit sloppy on those bobbins..I couldn't get movement with one hand even grasping it with a manly grip ; )

joe

·
Premium Member
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is about how much I'm getting right now lifting it with one finger.

Art,

Mine rotate about 0.5mm and I have to grasp the rotor with both hands and use my shoulders to get movement..Your's "look" a bit sloppy on those bobbins..I couldn't get movement with one hand even grasping it with a manly grip ; )

joe

·
Premium Member
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the comments guys. I replaced the rotors a while back. That fixed the occasional clinking down there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts