MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was cleaning my rims and noticed more space between the bearing and fork on the left side than on the right. Bike rides fine and wheel looks proper when aligned with the front fender. Just curious. I know the former owner did replace that bearing (from seeing a posting on here). Is this how it's supposed to be?

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1400953857.735580.jpg ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1400953902.301473.jpg ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1400953970.451555.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
465 Posts
Mine looks the same ( my 2011) . Either it's ok, or were both screwed

·
Registered
14,407 Posts
?

the shoulder on the axle pulls the wheel against the spacer on the right......whether its centered or not depends on MV's spacer size.
measure from the fork tube to the rim on both sides, if you're really anal you can make a new spacer......:naughty:

·
Administrator
19,508 Posts
You might consider loosening the axle pinch bolts and pumping the fork a few times. Possible the fork legs are not perfectly aligned.
This is standard procedure any time the front wheel is removed. Some long travel forks, like on a MX bike, will actually leak oil from the fork seals if the forks aren't aligned.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks - I'm planning on taking her to a race shop soon for suspension adjustments so I will see if they wouldn't mind checking this out as well. Appreciate the information guys!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts