MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
valves 023.JPG Im doing my own valve check. My bike 07 F41000R 1,200 miles the intake valves look real crusty is this normal.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Snooky, Good question, My outer intakes looked like this with only 600 (yes 600) miles. Maybe be due to the additives in our gas?

how many miles?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Doesn't look good!

·
Registered
776 Posts
How far do you live from Ferracci? he's in willow grove

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Are all the valves like that? 1200miles they should look like new? The valves look like it has carbon up badly for only a 1200 miles.

Have you been lugging the motor, ie low revs due to riding in the wrong gear. You need to give is some revs!!!

You can try using throttle body cleaner to remove the carbon. The bike will initially have a hard time starting up straight after the application of throttle body cleaner.

·
Administrator
20,100 Posts
We get some crappy gas these days.

Add some Yamaha Ring Free to your gas on a regular basis.....same basic thing as Techron.

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
carbon on the intakes

its oil, either from the valve seals or the rings haven't seated in yet

the old mechanic's trick is to put Marvel Mystery Oil in the gas....Google it

Noel-theknurl

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My throttle bodies were really dirty too I think the air box wasn't seated correctly from factory or setup. Maybe this had something to do with it. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
88 Posts
its oil, either from the valve seals or the rings haven't seated in yet

the old mechanic's trick is to put Marvel Mystery Oil in the gas....Google it

Noel-theknurl
Dexron III ATF also works well if not better. Sounds crazy, but I also notice a power increase when I use it. 1.5 ounces per tank.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Does'nt look right for such low miles, have you owned the bike from new? the valves should be clean at those miles.
Have a look at the air filter and see if it has been over oiled, some people put far too much oil on the filter

·
Registered
332 Posts
Same issue with 1078

5,200kms on clock and I have the same (all 4 cylinders intake valves) but not as much carbon as snooky. Only difference in my case it that the bike keeps fouling spark plugs (till now cylinder 1 only- 3 times so far every 1,200kms).

I checked:
coils
injectors
sensors
Valve clearances
compression (thus piston rings)
and all OK. Did not check valve stems.

I agree with all comments, only to add: ECU. I suspect and hope that my ECU is doing something wrong and fuel mixture is screwed up.

VDSTS diagnostic identified 5SM ecu on the bike but indicated euro2 not euro3 which seems odd..

P.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts