MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen today that my F4-1000 is loosing paint (under the quick-locking mechanism) from the boarding (<- is this the correct designation?). Today I was stuck in city traffic for about 20 minutes and my MV was getting pretty hot (about 110 - 116 °C). Is it possible, that the quick-locking mechanism was getting so hot to get my boarding melting? I'm even not shure if it was like that before riding today or also before. Does someone have the same with his F4?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AF Agusta said:
Are you sure it's the paint or the little plastic washer that goes around the dzus fasteners?
Yes its the paint and not the plastic ring which is placed under the fasteners. I didn't take them off now because I'm afraid to make it more worse...

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
That's not something I've seen on my MV or any of the others that I've worked on or looked at.

It is possible to adjust the clips a bit to reduce the pressure applied by the stud. You have to bend the little tounge with the hole in it. Don't bend it too much or you'll find it difficult to get the stud to catch the latches.

Alex

1 - 6 of 6 Posts