MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
brutale said:
Hi!

Many of you have probably seen this new F4?! :)
Seems very strong: 190 HP and 170 kg top speed 320 km/h!
Production is to be started this spring
Is there anyone having more information about this bike?

links
http://www.bikewalls.com/wallpaper/F4-1000_Veltro/3197731/1024x768.html
Sure it's for real.
It's the Veltro and it will even have a Track and a Street version
Here check it out in the MV site itself http://www.mvagusta-sp.it/f41000veltroen.html :)

The problem is how much it costs. :cross:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Certainly looks nice, :grin: I wish they would stop bringing out all these bikes I cannot afford to buy. :)

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
It is a greyhound, it's nice, fast and expensive, but still the same bike... just different paint scheme and tweaked parts. Don't get me wrong, I think it is the most wonderful motorcycle ever designed, but when are they going to come up with the next new design?
I read somewhere that it took them 7 years to design the F4, it has been 8 years since they introduced it, I wonder if there is a new bike in the works? has anyone heard anything about it?

·
Registered
593 Posts
odonata said:
It is a greyhound, it's nice, fast and expensive, but still the same bike... just different paint scheme and tweaked parts. Don't get me wrong, I think it is the most wonderful motorcycle ever designed, but when are they going to come up with the next new design?
I read somewhere that it took them 7 years to design the F4, it has been 8 years since they introduced it, I wonder if there is a new bike in the works? has anyone heard anything about it?

why change perfection?

F5?

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
why change perfection?
No, I didn't mean that... NOT CHANGE IT, NOT REPLACE IT, but to creat another one.

Mr. Tamburini created legends like the 916 and the F4, I am just wondering when his next master piece will be unveiled, imagine how exciting that would be...

I believe there was an interview with Castiglioni in the Motorcyclist magazine ( http://www.cagivausa.com/Media/MC/MC-4-05_1.pdf )about the future of the MV and he mentioned that with the company's future secured(this being a year ago) they are able to direct energy towards R & D of a new bike, also in another article else where, he(or Tamburini? don't remeber for sure) was keenly aware of the F4 is not replacable and mentioned the 999 was a failed attempt for Ducati to replace the 996/916.

When I posted the last reply I was wondering if anyone has heard or read anymore about current design and development effort of MV Agusta, perhaps in magazines of other language?

You mean the new F5 engine of the F4 1000?

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
I too, wonder what the "next-gen" would be. Although, after so many years, the Brutale and the F4 designs still top my book.

I agree, ducati didn't exactly step up to the 916 design with the new ##9's. I'll always love the 916

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I agree with Alvin on this one. When the 916 first came out it was so different and combined beauty and functionality that I just had to get one. The same thing happened to me when the F4 was unveiled.

I haven't seen any motorcycle from any manufacturer since that gives me that urge to go straight out and buy it, but if old Massimo does come up with another one, my long suffering cheque book will be dusted out again I suppose! :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello

Hello everyone,

I'm the new kid on the block trying to figure out this website, as it seems a bit confusing. I've been just reading your chatter for the past few days...judging from the times you post your remarks, I must say you guys must be pretty hardcore about MV that you don't get any sleep. I must admit, I'm an MV junkie and often find myself staying late reading everything I can about this bike (or racing). I have been consumed by this bike since the marque was resurrected in 97. I use to be a huge Ducati fan until the 750 F4 came out, and since then, its been all about MV.

My wife just bought me a Brutale last year...what a woman!! I love that bike (my wife too). I wanted a bike that I could ride all day, especially since I ride it to work during the spring/summer/fall and spend up to two hours in rush hour every morning (live in Chicago). I don't think riding the F4 750 or 1000 would be good to ride during rush hour, especially at my age. Love all the compliments about the bike while your stuck in traffic!!

The only thing nice about getting older is that I will be adding the F4 1000 to my garage in two years as a 40 birthday present to myself...I probably won't ride that much, but its nice to know that its mine. I will probably add any other MV that comes along in the future, so from reading your quotes, I kind of hope that they don't come out with another MV just because its killing my pocket book (and pissing my wife off).

I too read the Tamburini article about designing a "timeless" bike and when he scolded Ducati for taking the essence away from the 916/996/998. I have a buddy who is a huge Ducati fan/owner (more because he is partial to V-twins) and is bitterly dissapointed about the way the 999 looks. I told him that if Tamburini would not have left Ducati, the current MV would be the new 999, except with a v-twin obviously. Oh well, Ducati's loss I guess.

So, when is MV going to have a race team?? I would like to see them field a World Superbike team, especially since it appears that WSB is no longer the Ducati Cup...I love Ducati, but its nice to see them whipping on the factory Japanese teams and not just on 20 other Ducatis. It was a bit boring at that time, but it was great this year now that the Japanese have returned with some great veteran riders I know that MV has been racing privately in some of the smaller series and doing well...I guess until they get their finances straighten out a bit, we won't be seeing any real racing from them anytime soon.

Those are some huge numbers for the Veltro!! Can wait for all the comparos in the magazines to come out and see how it does against the Japanese bikes, especially that ZX-10R.

Any Brute owners out there (that's a dumb question in an MV website)? How about the gas mileage on these bikes? That's really the only complaint I have about the bike, but since the bike is really not good to tour on, it gives you a good reason to stop and stretch while you fill up.

Well, I just wanted to briefly introduce myself and I look forward to being included in some of your discussions.

Take care fellas...

brutale said:
Hi!

Many of you have probably seen this new F4?! :)
Seems very strong: 190 HP and 170 kg top speed 320 km/h!
Production is to be started this spring
Is there anyone having more information about this bike?

links
http://www.bikewalls.com/wallpaper/F4-1000_Veltro/3197731/1024x768.html

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
I want to extend a warm welcome to you!

Let me know if you have any site comments & suggestions, you can either PM me, e-mail me, or post to: http://mvagusta.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15

Be sure to post your Brutale to the registry so we can all see your MV :)

If you have the standard brutale S (http://mvagusta.net/registry/1005) you can post your MV by following the link at the bottom of the page.

We hope to see your F41000 in the near future, also :)

I think all of us hope one day MV can gather enough funding for a race team. With all of the politics behind the scenes right now, it doesn't seem likely in the near future :(

·
Registered
774 Posts
Welcome on board, NV MY MV.

One more MV addict online !

Enjoy your stay and don't forget pics of you and your bike.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Welcome to the site NV MY MV (very clever!)

You know I have read all the articles on MV and their financial wows and their immenent distruction!
The more I read them balanced with the more I listen to people in the 'know' that is people in the industry and not peolple just writting about the industry, I firmly believe that most of the discussion is hype!
Really all that has happened is Proton dumped what they should have not got into in the first place, and then MV were snapped up by an investment bank, so what, happens all the time!
And of course MV competitors are using the current situation as a marketing wedge.

I reckon MV are in one of the strongest positions that they have been in.

For probably the first time in recent year, people can't get enough of the marque, people like us!
I suppose its all about how you read the reports and who writes them and what are their agenda's.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Welcome NV. I think you'll enjoy reading and contributing to this forum from time to time.
It's funny, last year on mvagustaf4 forum (no longer in existance) there was a thread about license plates, and I suggested the license plate NVMYMV... it's funny to see you select that name. Great minds think alike.

P.s. you are going to be 40 and you call yourself "old"!!!!!!!??????? :toothless

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcomes...I guess I did manage how to navigate and post a message in the website. What can I say about being old at 40? I do feel like I'm 68, but I guess that goes along with sitting behind a desk all day long. Its only when I'm riding that I feel young again (good excuse to the wife to let me have one). Maybe the F4 1000 will turn back the hands of time even further (I think you have to be going at warp speed to do that..oh well).

I will see about posting a picture of my bike soon enough. Yes, its just the standard S model. Its nicely covered at the moment, connected to a charger no less due to the hybernation period we experience here in Chicago every year (yuck). I don't want to wake her up from such a sound sleep.

Speaking of sleep...good night guys.

·
Registered
298 Posts
On Mssr Tamburini's efforts...it seems to me that if you lined up the 916, F4 and 999 in chronological order, you could practically morph the 3 bikes.

It's almost as if the F4 was earmarked as the 916's replacement and the 999 the replacement for the F4. Two obvious areas:

- The 916 cat's eyes "changes" to a vertical stack on the F4 and the F4's vertical stack morphs into the 999's vertical stack of two distinct "eyes".
- The two exhausts of the 916 goes to the 4 cannons of the F4 to a single rectangular silencer of the 999 (consolidating all 4 outlets into one giant can)

From a design standpoint the 999 seems to me to be a logical successor to the F4, with harder edges and a more futuristic edge. I think it was meant for release in sometime past 2006/08. It seems like Tamburini's departure rushed the 999 design schedule hence some of its looks seem to be "unfinished". I don't think the 998 was ever meant to be, the Testastretta was probably meant for the F4 shell and a new, updated Testastretta design for the 999.

I would dare suggest that if Tamburini didn't leave Ducati the MV would have been a radically different bike, possibly more along the lines of the Mondial, or even along the lines of the "new" Bimotas

Although I'm no big fan of the 999's looks, I must say that it is certainly ahead of it's time. I think a lot of Japan Inc's current creations owe a lot to the premature release of the 999. To me, Honda's 600/1000RR looks like a rushed design, with certain concessions to create a stylistic contender to the 999.

The only one with some hint of originality seems to be Suzuki and it seems to me they're working to their own schedule, rather than rushing the design.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
I was just wondering if you wrote this thinking that Massimo Tamburini had something to do with the design of the 999? because he didn't... Pierre Terblanche was fully responsible.

just wanted to check.

·
Registered
878 Posts
admin said:
MV2NV is also a great license plate ;)

Now which one of you had that..
It was only a suggestion that I made for someone on the forum in search of an MV theme license plate.
My own plates have the market cornered on another theme, and they all go as follows:

6C
6E
6Z
6Y
Funny thing is they all say the same thing???? :toothless

beearch, very interesting analogy, I like your logic....not sure about tambi designing the 999 though??? although I must admit I do like the 999 futuristic bulet train design. Although I'm sure there are a lot guys everywhere ready to jump me on that one. On that note I like to offer the following:

I'm sure I'm not the only one who likes the 749/999 design as there are many other 749/999 owners on the roads. I think only the people who originally owned a 916/996/998 refuse to adapt and accept change and or progress, as they are set and comfy in their original position. I think 749/999 is far superior in design to a 916, the tail section, the tank, side fairings, nose fairing, not to mention mechanically etc, etc are all more refined.

The "guy" (Da something or other!!!) who painted La Joconde (mona lisa to some?) didn't say well I think I'm going to stop painting because I have already created perfection...or Rossi saying I won the GP so I'm not going to race anymore cause what if I don't win anymore....that's called progress and the will for evolution & develpoment. Some just may not want to accept new ideas and rather follow a set guidlines while other like to color outside of the lines!!!

I think change takes balls, because you take a risk to enter new arena risking all your effort. Some have balls while other don't!

·
Registered
298 Posts
odonata said:
I was just wondering if you wrote this thinking that Massimo Tamburini had something to do with the design of the 999? because he didn't... Pierre Terblanche was fully responsible.

just wanted to check.
Yep, well aware Pierre Terblanche was responsible for penning the design.
I still can't help the feeling that the original sketch was based on the F4 though.
Just a bit of conspiracy theory :D :stickpoke

1 - 20 of 71 Posts