MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I open the TV's clutch today and check for any sight of wear, but seem like everything is still in spec, the only different I found is clutch spring length.

On B3 Engine Manual is 39mm and F3 800 engine manual clutch spring from 49,5mm - 51,7mm

But on my TV's clutch spring length is 36mm as in pictures, is this clutch spring normal? what is the within range service for TV's clutch spring?.

and what is the cause of the noise of the clutch is not the clutch basket or the hub or bearing, but noise come from friction disk and steel plate rub each other, how do I fix it? if I pull the clutch lever in, all disk combine together, then no more noise.

Thanks to all

·
Administrator
20,104 Posts
Rattle sound is primary gear lash. When lever is pulled in (clutch plates disengaged) there is no transmission drag on the clutch and the lash sound abates.
When the lever is released (clutch is engaged) the transmission gear drag in neutral, slows the clutch basket and the primary gear lash makes sounds.

As mentioned above, you are not reading your vernier caliper correctly.

Reactions: Fastspy and mva2017

·
Registered
478 Posts
There is a service bulletin for the clutch rattle noise on TV.

Date: 30 May 2016
Object: Clutch update
Product: Turismo Veloce (all versions)
Further to the continuous quality improvement process of our products, we decided to introduce a
product update includes a new clutch housing + cush drive.

We ask you to provide the checking of the involved models and eventually update them
during a service operation or at the first convenient opportunity at your workshop.
We inform you that, in the interest of customers who have already traveled more road and therefore need
priority, is recommended to perform the repair at higher mileage than 5.000 km (3.000 miles).
It is necessary therefore the update of the clutch housing + cush drive on the following frame numbers:

 MODEL TURISMO VELOCE up to VIN ….V001790 included

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all, I am sorry for late reply and Thanks all again for your kind help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts