MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a call from the sales guy at the local MV dealer here in Houston today, offering to make me a deal on a new bike. I'd been in talking with him last Saturday about buying the F4 1000 S mono, in basic red/silver. He told me he could cut a special because it was nearing the end of the month, and they're one bike short of making some kind of sales quota which would give them a break with MV for next month. Maybe hype, maybe not.

Anyway, he'll sell the bike for MSRP of $21,795 and throw in the RG3 silencers and mid-pipe at no extra charge. (If I want the Marcheseni rims, he'll knock off 10%, about $220).

Ignoring the discount on the rims for now, does this seem like a good deal? If he's really that pressed I'm wondering how much he's willing to cut.

One other quick question. Do the pipes include the eprom as part of the package? It looks like that on MV's web site, but I'm not certain.

Grazi,
John

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rob said:
It should come with the eprom my rg3 included a chip in the box.
OK, cool. Thanks.

One more thing I forgot to ask. MV's site only show a titanium mid-pipe, but the sales guy said it was stainless, priced around $468. Is that correct, or do they only have the Ti mid-pipe?

Thanks again.

Ciao,
John

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
confirm the midpipe is a MV special part...

Sounds like a 2005 bike, the price he is asking for is basically the MSRP of 05 F4 1000, the 2006 is some 500-600 more I think.

before you buy Marchesinis from him, post a WTB thread here and see if anybody has them for sale.

I think this is a good deal.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
odonata said:
before you buy Marchesinis from him, post a WTB thread here and see if anybody has them for sale.

I think this is a good deal.
Thanks OD. I'm inclined to go for it, but I'll see if I can finagle it a bit tomorrow. See if he'll throw in a rear stand, drop the shipping charges. Stuff like that. If I add the rims, I'll get him to swap out the tires at no charge. I'll post the WTB in case.

Ciao,
John

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rockethouse said:
The rear stand is included but I would be going for an aftermarket one (or a front stand) with wheels on it anyway as they are far more user freindly...here's a recent thread about them.
Thanks for pointing that out. I wasn't aware that they come with the rear stand. Are there any other items like this that come with the bike that I need to be aware of?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I found out the bike covers are not included with a new F4. I placed my order today for the bike, and the sales guy said he hasn't seen any cover come with the bikes previously, other than some flimsy cloth shipping cover.

Should be about 2 weeks 'til I get my bike. Yippee-ki-yay!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Sweet deal

Check out this offer in Australia

http://www.mvagusta.com.au/welcome/page5.php

"Purchase an F4 1000 (excluding limited edition models) and receive a FREE genuine MV Corse factory performance exhaust to the retail value of $3,900*.The MV Corse factory exhaust kit includes, 1 set of RG3 open silencers, 1 x stainless steel link pipe and 1 x Eprom chip to suit."

I wonder if you can order a US spec bike through them?

·
Registered
261 Posts
John,
I'm an MV owner here in Houston. Let me know when you get your bike. Im looking for other MV owners in town that might want to do some riding in the local area.
Good luck.

Lorenzo

·
Registered
209 Posts
Still possible

falcopilot said:
That's a bit out of the way. I live in Houston, Texas. ;)
I lived in Spain and ordered a F4 1000 in 2003 that was US spec through the Spanish importer but unfortunately had a terrible accident and thought I was never going to ride again and thus had to cancel. So it is possible plus you might be able to score it tax free my price in Spain prior to the Euro increase was about $17,600 US tax free but not including registering the bike

1 - 20 of 22 Posts