MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My low miles 2006 Brutale and $3600 for a brand new 2008 Brut?

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Really good, money wise (your is worth~$7k, new is priced $14k)---Reality wise, even though you're "saving" $4k, why pay $3600 to trade for basically the same bike???

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fazer

Really good, money wise (your is worth~$7k, new is priced $14k)---Reality wise, even though you're "saving" $4k, why pay $3600 to trade for basically the same bike???
Full warranty, upgrades to the '08 from the factory.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Make them throw undercoating in and it's a SWEET DEAL! All jokes aside sounds like you may have made your mind up just get it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The color is one reason I'm considering it.

Smitty, I think the entire deal hinges on the color of the '08!:naughty:
It's the color I originally wanted.:toothless

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CHB....the undercoating is free. But the high pressure

Make them throw undercoating in and it's a SWEET DEAL! All jokes aside sounds like you may have made your mind up just get it.
wax and the whitewalls are what sold me on the deal.:mouthwate

·
Registered
187 Posts
The red brute is beautiful, but the black/orange is awesome! plus, '08 is the only year they have that color combo i believe. Get it smitty, get it. Then post pics!!
:mouthwate

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Screamin deal.....

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
sounds a good deal, a very good deal

just one thing to consider;

your 2006 LOW milage Brutale has one owner (yourself) its running sweet, any problems (if any) have been identified and ironed out, so basically you have a good running low milage bike

Remember !!!!!

you can still buy a brand new "pig in a poke" its just the luck of the draw, it may run sweet, but then again it may have a list of problems and even under warranty it may take a while for these problems to be fixed

the chase is always better than the catch

if you really really need the 2008 model then go for it, its a reasonable deal, if not why not put the $3600 towards the 2010 new model.

good luck with what ever road you go down

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well....she's mine! Put the deposit on her and will pick

The red brute is beautiful, but the black/orange is awesome! plus, '08 is the only year they have that color combo i believe. Get it smitty, get it. Then post pics!!
:mouthwate
her up in a couple of weeks.:highclap::highclap::highclap::humpother

10 hour drive, but it's in fresh seafood country....and I can't wait.

·
Administrator
20,072 Posts
The orange 910S is GORGEOUS...:mouthwate...(almost as pretty as the white 910R :stickpoke).

And there are not very many in the USA either. :smoking:

So I hope to see it at the Indy MoroGP next august...you live there Smitty...you gotta organize an MV gathering. You have 10 months. :ahhh:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Any idea esq'z what percent of orange the USA received? I've never seen that color in person.

I'm in for the smitty's MV gathering next year!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, since you asked....A good friend of mine owns

The orange 910S is GORGEOUS...:mouthwate...(almost as pretty as the white 910R :stickpoke).

And there are not very many in the USA either. :smoking:

So I hope to see it at the Indy MoroGP next august...you live there Smitty...you gotta organize an MV gathering. You have 10 months. :ahhh:
a new Holiday Inn Express in the town where I live (Gas City, Indiana). It's about 50-55 minutes from the track. The guy is a former Daytona/AMA road racer who is a motorcycle guy so if you all are serious I can see about MV group rates for the week/weekend.

Be neat to have all five of the MV's in Indiana show up in one location.:laughing:

·
Registered
147 Posts
just curious, but i saw your comments about your current 910 under your profile. what prompted you to change your mind and buy another mv?
i ask this question with all respect.
thanks,
freddy

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Fred, several reasons why I bought another....

just curious, but i saw your comments about your current 910 under your profile. what prompted you to change your mind and buy another mv?
i ask this question with all respect.
thanks,
freddy
I originally was going to buy the orange but my dealer didn't have one.:bawling:

I've grown to like the Brutale despite it's warts:yo:

I get a two year newer bike, with full warranty in the color I originally wanted.:smoking:

There have been improvements made to the '08 over the '06.:yo:

I believe I may still have the only Brutale in Indiana. It's the only one I saw at the Indy Moto GP.:highclap:

After consulting my dealer (Corse), they said I should buy it...that it was indeed a very beneficial deal for me. Of course, they'll still be doing all service and any warranty work on the bike....great dealership.:friday:

I bought a new Arai helmet earlier this year (actually wife bought it for me) and now I have a bike (orange) that matches the helmet (orange). She asked me a couple of times why I bought the orange helmet when my Ducati is black, my Victory at the time was purple (the new Vision is blue), so I look at buying the orange Brute as helping marital relationships...now the wife has one less question she needs to ask.

See, I did it all for her.:king:

And, according to guys at the Motor Company, they may indeed never produce another bike at the MV factory, and believe they bought MV strictly to advance the HD brand in Europe through MV dealerships. So, when and if that occurs, I'll have an even more collectible motorcycle. :moon:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
DSM...no I didn't know the answer...but I had

I guess you knew the answer to your original question but just wanted us to cheer you on? :blah:
an idea.

Just wanted to get a feel for the deal.:jerkoff:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts