MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and if so, what kind?

clearly, it's not an inertial drum dyno that's driven by the rear wheel, if it's a dyno at all.

fyi - inertial drum dynos are actually not very good. the problem is that they rely on the friction between the rear tire and the drum, which can vary a lot depending on things like tire condition, drum suface conditions, tire pressure. all of these have nothing to do with how much power a motor makes.

the good thing about the inertial drum dyno, is that they are easy to connect to the bike. you just roll the bike up on the stand, and strap it down. done!

oh, another thing about inertial drum systems that is a limitation is you can only do "acceleration" tests. there is no way to measure the power unless the inertia of the drum is changing.

anyway, just curious if someone knows what this thing is. btw, the photo is from the evr racing website.

alex

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
it is most likely a dyno....
why I think so.
the thing must be hooked up via the countershaft ....everything is on that side...
and second
note the blue motor looking thing and the larger diameter fluid piping in the lower left corner of the picture....this may have something to with the type of dyno that uses hydraulics to measure hp (i forgot what they are called0, but they are used alot on engines that are on test stands.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Well, if its not a dyno, its the most absurd exhaust ventilation system I have ever seen, damn it.

Something tells me that the drive chain is directly attached to a hub of some sort at the large green box in the rear.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Yes I think it is. :)

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
It looks like it hooks up by the chain drive. Maybe a waterbrake dyno (note the plumbing in the floor).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts